PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome, we should ride sometime!
Yessir! I ride most weekends at Aetna Mountain Adventures. I am a member and have a key to their gate. I probably won't get to ride this weekend, but let me know when is good for you and we can do it up!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Let me know when y'all ride! I may need a membership

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let me know when y'all ride! I may need a membership
will do joey. I'll post on here next time they have an open ride. That's when the land managers are set up at the parking area to sign up new members or give out day passes for non members.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks, I hope work doesn't interfere. I'm booked for the last two weekends in January.

Reactions: PioneerPete
M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
Sounds great, I didn't even know this place existed. What is membership fee? How many trails are there, and are they hard core rock crawling, mudding, or trail riding.

Yessir! I ride most weekends at Aetna Mountain Adventures. I am a member and have a key to their gate. I probably won't get to ride this weekend, but let me know when is good for you and we can do it up!

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds great, I didn't even know this place existed. What is membership fee? How many trails are there, and are they hard core rock crawling, mudding, or trail riding.
The annual fee is around $325 which includes parking. The fee is less for folks with off/on road vehicles that don't need parking. If you google Aetna Mountain Adventures you'll find their facebook page which is the only way to contact them unless you show up while they are manning the gate for an open ride day. Open ride days are posted on their FB page also.
They have about 1000 acres under their control and there is about another 3000 acres up there that is sort of a free for all. It's an interesting place. Aetna mountain has been home to 4x4 enthusiasts for ever, and used to be open access. I've been going up there since I was a kid, back when it was just a wasteland that nobody cared about other than the loggers, miners, and 4x4 folks. Only in the last few years have they started trying to make a profit off of it. I'm good with that as long as it preserves a place for me to ride in my backyard.
As far as trail types, there are all kinds. It helps to have a guide your first few times so you don't get in over your head. There are a lot of power lines up there with some really crazy climbs with names like "Horsepower" and "Balls". A few weeks ago they hosted a rock crawler ride, and man, it was crazy watching those guys climb those hills. Hills that you can't even walk up or down, and wouldn't believe anyone could climb until you see it with your own eyes!
The most popular spot up there is called the "Peanut Butter Hole". You can probably search any of those on youtube and watch a video or two. There are probably videos of the rock crawler ride on the AMA FB page too.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don't do myface or spacebook or tweeter or any of those. I'll have to rely on you guys and this forum for info.

Thanks so far

advertisement
M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
New member from Hixson, TN. Looking forward to finding some good riding spots nearby.
Welcome to the club, I am not familiar with the Chattanooga area yet I know there are some trails around there. North of you about 70 Miles is Windrock Park with 70,000 acres of trails, and 30 miles North of that is the TWMA consisting of 600+ miles of trails in over 200,000 acres, they are called Sundquist / Royal Blue / New River Units. All of these trails literally interconnect from I-40 going straight North 65 miles up the mountain ranges into KY. All in there is 1500 miles of trails in the area, the mildest trails are in the Sundquist unit until you earn your sea legs and even there is a few trails that will challenge your courage and shiny Honda plastic. you can read my ride report here with links to printable maps as well as a free set of GPS trails maps for the entire area, they work natively with any Garmin GPS.

Ride Report - Royal Blue / Pioneer, TN

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New member from Hixson, TN. Looking forward to finding some good riding spots nearby.
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info here.
I'm located in Lookout Valley. The best local Chattanooga trails, in my opinion, would be Aetna Mountain Adventures (AMA). Check them out on facebook. Can also ride at Prentice Cooper, but I've heard they frown on joy riders during hunting season.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Upcoming ride near Chattanooga, TN. @joeymt33 @Marine660 @Delton @multipleshotsfired
AMA Open Ride January 2016

multipleshotsfired

multipleshotsfired

Jan 17, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Welcome to the club, I am not familiar with the Chattanooga area yet I know there are some trails around there. North of you about 70 Miles is Windrock Park with 70,000 acres of trails, and 30 miles North of that is the TWMA consisting of 600+ miles of trails in over 200,000 acres, they are called Sundquist / Royal Blue / New River Units. All of these trails literally interconnect from I-40 going straight North 65 miles up the mountain ranges into KY. All in there is 1500 miles of trails in the area, the mildest trails are in the Sundquist unit until you earn your sea legs and even there is a few trails that will challenge your courage and shiny Honda plastic. you can read my ride report here with links to printable maps as well as a free set of GPS trails maps for the entire area, they work natively with any Garmin GPS.

Thanks for the reply! I'm really looking forward to getting out and exploring the area. Recently moved from the Seattle area- it was getting very difficult to find places to play up there!

multipleshotsfired

multipleshotsfired

Jan 17, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info here.
I'm located in Lookout Valley. The best local Chattanooga trails, in my opinion, would be Aetna Mountain Adventures (AMA). Check them out on facebook. Can also ride at Prentice Cooper, but I've heard they frown on joy riders during hunting season.

Thanks- I will check them out- I'm excited to get this thing dirty!!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Upcoming ride near Chattanooga, TN. @joeymt33 @Marine660 @Delton @multipleshotsfired
View attachment 9494

Dang, business has picked up so much here lately that I just can't go. I'd love to, just can't. Been on the road working in several different states and will be home Friday. I'll hang with the fam instead.

Please invite me again in the future. I'll try not to disappoint.

Joe

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Winchester here. Only had my 1000 less than a month so haven't ridden much off our property. Few trips to Keith Springs mtn. I do have about 22 acres of fence line to patrol at home lol. Looking forward to our first trip to Ride Royal Blue with it. We've been there with the foreman and had a blast.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!