Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
What a success,
The Pioneer Takeover was a blast. Officially, I am saying the total Pioneer machines in attendance at 62. Friday brought in 40 for the night ride. With a handful staying at camp and 2 groups still on the trail. Saturday brought in even more day riders.

Overall, everything went well. We were pleased to say that not a single injury was reported from the Honda SxS Club groups. As for the Pioneer’s, we can only say we were her to ride… Still, it is always important to stress safety. Shout out to one of our groups who help locate and rescue some kids who clipped a curve in a RZR and landed at the bottom of a ravine, escaping with major but non-life threating injuries.

As for the Honda SxS Club,
The more experienced riders were out to test here skills. With their GPS set for the most difficult sections, no dare was left passed up. Saying they couldn’t make it just made them push their rigs harder. The end result was bent and broken parts as expected. All rigs were able to make it back to camp and able to continue the weekend.

For the less to medium skilled, several groups formed to tour the waterfalls, trail #2, boulders, and caves. Out of these groups, we are pleased to report no major damages to their rigs. Even stock machines made it with only slight hang-ups.

One thing that made the adventures so successful was the radios we all had. Being able to coordinate channels, and keep tabs of riders in the group made for a successful ride. At one point we were even able to slow oncoming traffic so we didn’t pass in a difficult location. The range was just enough to keep tabs but not overlap other groups around the mountain. Also, just a quick thank you to all radio operators for keeping the main channels open and useful.

Special thanks to the following.

@joeymt33 for leading the experienced riders.
@JACKAL for taking a small extreme group and leading several others.
@Tramguage1 for leading a group.
@Jshell3 for drone video (coming soon)
- Whoever started the radio craze.
- All the guys who drove over 10+ hours to attend.
- All the sponsors:

2018 Pioneer Takeover Plans.

A group of key members will be discussing plans for the 2018 Pioneer Takeover soon. Goal is to try to have a date set by midsummer. We have lots to discuss for next year. We hope everyone had a great time and hope to see you then! We are also looking for more volunteers to help control the event for 2018. Group ride leaders, organizers, event staff. More info on this later this year.

Supporting The Honda SxS Club!

Lastly, This entire event has been put on by the Honda SxS Club, lead by @Hondasxs. Funding was provided by many of the sponsors and mostly your contributions to the club both monetary and via activity keeping the club alive. Ultimately, YOU are the main reason for the event. If you are able to support the club please do. There are many ways to support without costing you a dime! Here are a few.

• Post, Post, Post… Keeping the community active is the #1 contributor. Post, How-to’s, pictures, builds, help request, and help providence are all easy and fun things you can do.
  • Bounty List. If you are fixing to complete a tasks to your rig, contact me to discuss building a walkthrough. I may be interested in attaching a bounty for completion.
  • Telling your dealer about us! Or anyone dealing in the powersports business.
  • Shop our Amazon affiliate link. --> www.hondasxs.com/amazon
  • Change your Amazon shortcut / link to this. Add it to your desktop with this line. Using this helps by providing a referral between Amazon and HondaSxS.com
  • Checking out sponsors and sponsor ads. Clicking on a useful ad helps us out. As you browse, check them and give one a click ever now and again.
  • Adding HondaSxS.com and Honda SxS Club comments and images to your videos!
  • Like our FaceBook Page --> Facebook.com/hondasxs
  • Like our Instagram Page --> Instagram.com/hondasxs

And lastly, ways to support monetarily:

• Donating to the community to help cover cost of operations. Server/software/domains/ backup/stickers/and other things. DONATE HERE --> Donate
  • Supporting the club by becoming a supporting or lifetime member here --> https://hondasxs.com/account/upgrades

Again,
THANK YOU to everyone who came out. I had a blast and cant wait till next year!
Thanks
@Hondasxs

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What a success,
The Pioneer Takeover was a blast. Officially, I am saying the total Pioneer machines in attendance at 62. Friday brought in 40 for the night ride. With a handful staying at camp and 2 groups still on the trail. Saturday brought in even more day riders.

Overall, everything went well. We were pleased to say that not a single injury was reported from the Honda SxS Club groups. As for the Pioneer’s, we can only say we were her to ride… Still, it is always important to stress safety. Shout out to @Delton and his group who help locate and rescue some kids who clipped a curve in a RZR and landed at the bottom of a ravine, escaping with major but non-life threating injuries.

As for the Honda SxS Club,
The more experienced riders were out to test here skills. With their GPS set for the most difficult sections, no dare was left passed up. Saying they couldn’t make it just made them push their rigs harder. The end result was bent and broken parts as expected. All rigs were able to make it back to camp and able to continue the weekend.

For the less to medium skilled, several groups formed to tour the waterfalls, trail #2, boulders, and caves. Out of these groups, we are pleased to report no major damages to their rigs. Even stock machines made it with only slight hang-ups.

One thing that made the adventures so successful was the radios we all had. Being able to coordinate channels, and keep tabs of riders in the group made for a successful ride. At one point we were even able to slow oncoming traffic so we didn’t pass in a difficult location. The range was just enough to keep tabs but not overlap other groups around the mountain. Also, just a quick thank you to all radio operators for keeping the main channels open and useful.

Special thanks to the following.

@joeymt33 for leading the experienced riders.
@JACKAL for taking a small extreme group and leading several others.
@Tramguage1 for leading a group.
@Jshell3 for drone video (coming soon)
- Whoever started the radio craze.
- All the guys who drove over 10+ hours to attend.
- All the sponsors:

2018 Pioneer Takeover Plans.

A group of key members will be discussing plans for the 2018 Pioneer Takeover soon. Goal is to try to have a date set by midsummer. We have lots to discuss for next year. We hope everyone had a great time and hope to see you then! We are also looking for more volunteers to help control the event for 2018. Group ride leaders, organizers, event staff. More info on this later this year.

Supporting The Honda SxS Club!

Lastly, This entire event has been put on by the Honda SxS Club, lead by @Hondasxs. Funding was provided by many of the sponsors and mostly your contributions to the club both monetary and via activity keeping the club alive. Ultimately, YOU are the main reason for the event. If you are able to support the club please do. There are many ways to support without costing you a dime! Here are a few.

• Post, Post, Post… Keeping the community active is the #1 contributor. Post, How-to’s, pictures, builds, help request, and help providence are all easy and fun things you can do.
  • Bounty List. If you are completing a tasks to your rig, contact me to discuss building a walkthrough. I may be interested in attaching a bounty for completion.
  • Telling your dealer about us! Or anyone dealing in the powersports business.
  • Shop our Amazon affiliate link. --> www.hondasxs.com/amazon
  • Change your Amazon shortcut / link to this. Add it to your desktop with this line. Using this helps by providing a referral between Amazon and HondaSxS.com
  • Checking out sponsors and sponsor ads. Clicking on a useful ad helps us out. As you browse, check them and give one a click ever now and again.
  • Adding HondaSxS.com and Honda SxS Club comments and images to your videos!
  • Like our FaceBook Page à Facebook.com/hondasxs
  • Like our Instagram Page à Instagram.com/hondasxs

And lastly, ways to support monetarily:?

• Donating to the community to help cover cost of operations. Server/software/domains/ backup/stickers/and other things. DONATE HERE --> Donate
  • Supporting the club by becoming a supporting or lifetime member here à https://hondasxs.com/account/upgrades

Again,
THANK YOU to everyone who came out. I had a blast and cant wait till next year!
Thanks
@Hondasxs
Thank you for putting it on! Most of us wouldn't know each other much less have had a chance to ride together without your hard work. It was a blast. We need to make a date solid soon so the countdown clock can be restarted and fun times can be reimagined.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Success!!!

I had this thought on the trails... "You know, for a buncha guys off the internet... this thing is running pretty dang smoothly!"

Way to step up, guys!

I didn't see one argument anyone upset because of anything from the group and people having a great time. Everyone getting along. Smiles all over. 100+ people machines and some drinks with no one being a problem...how many places does that happen. Not many family reunions go like that but ours did! Very family friendly. Great group of guys, gals and kids too. Awesome experience! Hopefully more here online look at what happened here and plan their next vacation to include the Takeover!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks again for all you do Honda SXS. It is a great event and you have done a very good job. Can`t wait till the next one . How do you become a supporting or lifetime member.
Thanks @BIGRACK.
If you are interested. You can gain access to the supporting member at this link

* Supporting the club by becoming a supporting or lifetime member here --> https://hondasxs.com/account/upgrades

Lifetime is a 1 time payment. Gives you access to a new area and ad free viewing.

Supporting member is a yearly recurring of $15 and gives the same access as lifetime for that year.

Both help me pay for the back-end utilities and what not.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
It was a great event, glad to have met many members and run around my new back yard with some of you.

To anyone that didn't make it to RRB for the Takeover but want to ride the trails with a guide hit me up. I can be free most any time with about a week's notice.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thank you @Hondasxs for having a place where all these great people have come together and have a great time.
We are ready for next years event.
Count Automatic Elevator in for sponsership again next year.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks @BIGRACK.
If you are interested. You can gain access to the supporting member at this link

* Supporting the club by becoming a supporting or lifetime member here --> https://hondasxs.com/account/upgrades

Lifetime is a 1 time payment. Gives you access to a new area and ad free viewing.

Supporting member is a yearly recurring of $15 and gives the same access as lifetime for that year.

Both help me pay for the back-end utilities and what not.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Whats the new area? Also how do most people see to become lifetime members. I had to search for it and got this post from there. Maybe more people would do it if it was easier to find? Maybe not, just a thought

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!