The 2021 Rimrocker Round Trip Overland Trek

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have good news and bad news...my little spill didn't result in a broken rib and punctured lung.

It did result in 3 or maybe 4 cracked ribs, displaced collar bone, right shoulder boo boo and a sore neck requiring 9 - 12 weeks recovery and 6 weeks of no lifting over 10 lbs. with the right hand. I asked about the rimrock trip and he just laughed and said maybe that would give me another try at puncturing the lung. I interpreted that to be his way of saying you dumb ass...don't even do it. SO...it looks like next year I'll be ready to tackle the Peace Trail and hope to have lots of pictures posted by you folks on the RimRock ride. We were just getting ready to do a mock up of how we'd pack the Pioneer for the trip, put new tires on the trailer bought a bunch of new camping stuff...timing SUCKS!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Dropping like flies in the last few weeks….
Get well soon lowrider…….

WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have good news and bad news...my little spill didn't result in a broken rib and punctured lung.

It did result in 3 or maybe 4 cracked ribs, displaced collar bone, right shoulder boo boo and a sore neck requiring 9 - 12 weeks recovery and 6 weeks of no lifting over 10 lbs. with the right hand. I asked about the rimrock trip and he just laughed and said maybe that would give me another try at puncturing the lung. I interpreted that to be his way of saying you dumb ass...don't even do it. SO...it looks like next year I'll be ready to tackle the Peace Trail and hope to have lots of pictures posted by you folks on the RimRock ride. We were just getting ready to do a mock up of how we'd pack the Pioneer for the trip, put new tires on the trailer bought a bunch of new camping stuff...timing SUCKS!!
That sux. Hope you feel better soon

Buckydoo

Buckydoo

Jul 16, 2017
Dropping like flies in the last few weeks….
Get well soon lowrider…….

How many wheelers going now? I’ve had four people back out this week from Arkansas. Two wheelers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
How many wheelers going now? I’ve had four people back out this week from Arkansas. Two wheelers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably 10???

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Two new 8 ply tires arrived today for the tear drop trailer so Monday I’ll be pulling it to town to get them mounted and balanced, as well as filling the three 5 gallon Gerry cans on the back with ethanol free premium fuel…..😎

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Still super jealous that I have a conflict for this event. Would have got me back to places I hold dear to my heart.

Next year I will have far less commitments to work around.

Rob

advertisement
Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
Got the new deep cycle battery installed in the tear drop yesterday, today the new tires get installed….😎
You are ahead of me, I ordered a spare battery for my P500, then the original stopped holding a charge. Now the spare is the primary and I am going to order a new spare tonight. I guess it is better it died now and not on the trail.

As far tear drop, the only tear drop in my life will be the wife's tears dropping when she looks at your trailer then our small pathetic tent, which reminds me that I better put new batteries in the LED light so we can have all the comfort of home each night.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You are ahead of me, I ordered a spare battery for my P500, then the original stopped holding a charge. Now the spare is the primary and I am going to order a new spare tonight. I guess it is better it died now and not on the trail.

As far tear drop, the only tear drop in my life will be the wife's tears dropping when she looks at your trailer then our small pathetic tent, which reminds me that I better put new batteries in the LED light so we can have all the comfort of home each night.
Lol, pack an extension cord, buckydoo will have a small honda generator…👍

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
Found this on the Rimrocker Facebook page

Trail update! Due to mudslides in the last week, the OHV trail that parallels Highway 141 right before you cross it onto R13 has a lot of mud and debris. It is passable, however please use caution. Montrose County crews will be working hard to get everything cleared. #proceedwithcaution #mudslides

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Found this on the Rimrocker Facebook page

Trail update! Due to mudslides in the last week, the OHV trail that parallels Highway 141 right before you cross it onto R13 has a lot of mud and debris. It is passable, however please use caution. Montrose County crews will be working hard to get everything cleared. #proceedwithcaution #mudslides
Good find. Hopefully they have it cleared by the time we will be there….🤞

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
My accommodations, all the comfort of home so long as you are just a bit better off than homeless.

Camping

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
Awesome, how’s it ride loaded????
I didn't notice much difference in the ride maybe a bit rougher ride through potholes but it wasn't that great in the rough before.. I did run the engine a bit higher on the steeper hills and burned noticeably more fuel. Gas mileage on my 20 mile loop dropped from about 35 mpg with just the wife and me to about 30. Even dropping about another 40% gas mileage due to altitude and more climbs I should still be good with my range with fuel tank and a 6 gallon gas can.

Reactions: Pilgrim
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I didn't notice much difference in the ride maybe a bit rougher ride through potholes but it wasn't that great in the rough before.. I did run the engine a bit higher on the steeper hills and burned noticeably more fuel. Gas mileage on my 20 mile loop dropped from about 35 mpg with just the wife and me to about 30. Even dropping about another 40% gas mileage due to altitude and more climbs I should still be good with my range with fuel tank and a 6 gallon gas can.
Sounds great. We don’t know what distance we’ll cover on side trails, but I’m sure I’m not going to use my entire 16.5 gallons of reserves…..should be able to help if anyone’s running close….👍

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!