Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We are thinkng about perhaps parking a ferry vehicle at the rimrocker/hwy 141 intersection to run fuel and supplies and camping around the Buckhorn area. I recently watched a video where an overlander camper rig based on an f350 crew cab chassis did this part of the trail with no isues so perhaps even driving to the buckhorn camp area with fuel and supplies.
It’ll be interesting to hear what all your experiences are....

You say you’re going in June/July?

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
Is this ride going to be at a pace that a P500 could handle? Will there be other P500s that could group together?

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Is this ride going to be at a pace that a P500 could handle? Will there be other P500s that could group together?
By all means, it’s not a race. Do join us.

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’ll be interesting to hear what all your experiences are....

You say you’re going in June/July?
Depending on everyone else in our group lateJuly is the target. Second option is September sometime. At this point My wife and I are thinking about breaking it up into several prerun trips to get the lay of the land as early as possible. This is dependent on snow pack,and melt of course. If the anticipated group jells we would like them to have a sea less experience

One trip to past Nucla and back to Montrose.

A weekend with an overnight in Naturita with an unload at the Rimrocker/ 141 junction to option going to the Utah boarder, or backtrack the trail to Nucla.

Kind of loosing interest in Utah and their redtape as we are really interested in the Paradox area.

Reactions: tdhanses
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Depending on everyone else in our group lateJuly is the target. Second option is September sometime. At this point My wife and I are thinking about breaking it up into several prerun trips to get the lay of the land as early as possible. This is dependent on snow pack,and melt of course. If the anticipated group jells we would like them to have a sea less experience

One trip to past Nucla and back to Montrose.

A weekend with an overnight in Naturita with an unload at the Rimrocker/ 141 junction to option going to the Utah boarder, or backtrack the trail to Nucla.

Kind of loosing interest in Utah and their redtape as we are really interested in the Paradox area.
That sounds very interesting if your taking applications for others.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well hopefully you can do the entire Rimrocker, but whichever, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the ride....

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Oh thought that was just in the city of Moab.
Correct, the Rimrocker goes from Montrose Colorado to Moab Utah. Remote was suggesting blowing off Utah due to “red tape”. I was merely expressing my hope that he could do the entire Rimrocker trail. But whatever he chooses, I’m sure he’ll enjoy the ride....👍

advertisement
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Correct, the Rimrocker goes from Montrose Colorado to Moab Utah. Remote was suggesting blowing off Utah due to “red tape”. I was merely expressing my hope that he could do the entire Rimrocker trail. But whatever he chooses, I’m sure he’ll enjoy the ride....👍
Yeah but couldn’t we ride to Moab and back without being street legal, just not ride in town?

Reactions: TimG
WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is what I found on the net

Screenshot 20201215 232512 Drive

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah but couldn’t we ride to Moab and back without being street legal, just not ride in town?
Yes, that’s not what our group is going to do. But you could approach this ride any number of ways....

But cutting Utah out of the loop is cutting 54 miles off the Rimrocker trail.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The worst part of the trip is the 18 hr drive to get to montrose
Hold on, you’re going to break that ride up at Montecresto ranch in New Mexico. And, the drive is through most beautiful country....😎

Reactions: GrnP500 and TimG
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
This is what I found on the net

View attachment 241434
From the Utah.gov website......

Basic OHV Road Laws

All OHV’s must have Utah state registration stickers displayed on the left or rear side of the vehicle (depending on the type of vehicle you have)
State residents will need to obtain a resident registration sticker
Out of state residents need to get a Utah non-resident registration sticker in order to use their out of state vehicle legally
Can’t exceed the lesser of the posted speed limit or 50 mph (if on a road that exceeds 50 mph speed limit, must operate on the far right-hand side of the road and vehicle must have reflectors or reflective tape on front and back of both sides of the vehicle)
May be operated on public land, trails, streets, or highways if posted or designated legal for OHV’s
Cannot operate along, across, or within the boundaries or an interstate freeway or controlled access highway
Recreational vehicles must have noise control device and safety flags (6×12 inches minimum and attached so they are 8 feet above the ground) along with other vehicle requirements
A person under age 18 must operate with an adult’s supervision and wear a helmet
No racing, unless organized and agency approved event
No consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages or drugs while operating OHV’s

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
May be operated on public land, trails, streets, or highways if posted or designated legal for OHV’s
The $64 question. That is the exact same umbrella that allows useage in Colorado Counties and UTV friendly towns and cities. I'm going to follow up on this, but the sat phone here at rancho delux has been making it impossible to have all but the briefest conversation for the last week or so.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The $64 question. That is the exact same umbrella that allows useage in Colorado Counties and UTV friendly towns and cities. I'm going to follow up on this, but the sat phone here at rancho delux has been making it impossible to have all but the briefest conversation for the last week or so.
Already agreed that things can seem ambiguous. According to Montrose counties media relations manager, which sent me the waterproof map of the trail, meeting the listed modification requirements I have listed in the op, and obtaining the non resident street legal registration sticker, mentioned in the op, will render us legal on the streets of Moab. The Rimrocker Trail ends on the eastern town limits....

I had sent emails to Utah’s regulatory body seeking extra clarification as well, but apparently with so many people working from home, we are getting, I’ll just say less than ideal service presently...

Again, I’ll be in Montrose and Moab both in late January or early February and intend to get to the bottom of the issue.

Reactions: TimG and Remote
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So there is a chance. If San Juan County or Moab recognizes, and has designated the Offical Rimrocker trail as exempt for OHV useage.

Effective 5/12/2015
41-22-10.5. Local ordinances -- Designating routes -- Supervision.

(1)A municipality or county may adopt ordinances:
(a)designating certain streets and highways under its respective jurisdiction:
(i)as open for general off-highway vehicle use; or
(ii)as open for limited off-highway vehicle use to allow off-highway vehicle operators to gain direct access to or from a private or public area open for off-highway vehicle use; or
(b)permitting the use of a street-legal all-terrain vehicle on a street or highway designated for:
(i)general off-highway vehicle use under Subsection (1)(a)(i); or
(ii)limited off-highway vehicle use under Subsection (1)(a)(ii).
(2)A municipality or county may not prohibit or restrict the use of a street-legal all-terrain vehicle on a street or highway where the use of another street-legal vehicle is permitted.
(3)A municipality or a county may adopt an ordinance requiring an operator who is under 16 years of age to be under the direct visual supervision of an adult who is at least 18 years of age while using a route designated under Subsection (1).
(4)A route designated under Subsection (1) may not be along, across, or within the boundaries of an interstate freeway.
(5)Except as provided under Section 41-22-10.3, a person may not operate an off-highway vehicle on any street or highway that is not designated or posted as open for off-highway vehicle use in accordance with Subsection (1) or Section 41-22-10.1.
(6)Subsection (5) does not apply to off-highway implements of husbandry used in accordance with Section 41-22-5.5.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!