Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I know!!! I can't wait to meet him!

Did another ride for Father's day last weekend with the wife and kids. I was very impressed with the ground clearance and traction these things get when climbing over wet rocky areas. My buddy's RZR was just spinning up this one rocky section we just idled right up. My only complaint is that the Low Range is geared a bit too high (like many others have noted), especially running 30" tires. It did just fine although it would be a bit better on the machine with some lower gearing. We went over some really rocky sections we would not have been able to clear with stock setup. We made it up the road to the Lake and were the only ones that made it up. One jeep slid off the side of the road and we helped get them back on track.

I'm currently running the PCV that Joey recommended and this thing feels like it has plenty of power to me. The Fox shocks feel great and I really like how quiet it is. The shifting can be a bit jerky, but if you're a good driver and don't mind a bit of shifting down here and there unexpectedly in low range, then its great. I'm going to post some pics and videos below. Keep in mind we didn't take any video of the really rocky sections as we were all tucked in there holding on tight.

Reactions: joeymt33 and JTW
Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Did another ride for Father's day last weekend with the wife and kids. I was very impressed with the ground clearance and traction these things get when climbing over wet rocky areas. My buddy's RZR was just spinning up this one rocky section we just idled right up. My only complaint is that the Low Range is geared a bit too high (like many others have noted), especially running 30" tires. It did just fine although it would be a bit better on the machine with some lower gearing. We went over some really rocky sections we would not have been able to clear with stock setup. We made it up the road to the Lake and were the only ones that made it up. One jeep slid off the side of the road and we helped get them back on track.

I'm currently running the PCV that Joey recommended and this thing feels like it has plenty of power to me. The Fox shocks feel great and I really like how quiet it is. The shifting can be a bit jerky, but if you're a good driver and don't mind a bit of shifting down here and there unexpectedly in low range, then its great. I'm going to post some pics and videos below. Keep in mind we didn't take any video of the really rocky sections as we were all tucked in there holding on tight.

My friends RZR spun a lot here.. We idled right through here without even spinning

Fun River crossing

Fun little muddy area

Riding down from the lake

Riding down further

Forest lake

Reactions: elkguide and JTW
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Cool vids! Looks like y'all had s good time and some nice trails.

CP: I've been saying that since that jack wagon was picking Legos from his turds:)

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Lots of fun.

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
How are you liking those tires? 28's?

I really like most things about them. They're the 10 ply 30" mongrels and are very quiet on the road. My only complaint is that they seem to search a bit side to side at higher speeds on the road. I wonder if it's just the machine or maybe due to the rounded profile of the tires. The front end basically feels a little like it pulls from one side to the other a bit.

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!