P1000 The heat is real!

C

Cooterbob

Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got up to 80 degrees here in Ohio over the past weekend and man did it get warm in the cab. I haven’t had the cabin comfort kit done yet, and I pray it helps, cause when it hits 90 it’s gonna be unbearable....

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got up to 80 degrees here in Ohio over the past weekend and man did it get warm in the cab. I haven’t had the cabin comfort kit done yet, and I pray it helps, cause when it hits 90 it’s gonna be unbearable....
My wife complained about the passenger side heat pretty bad I had bought a aftermarket like Dubble Bubble insulated pad that took about half of it out I had the cab Comfort kit installed but haven't had time to try it out and I also installed a bilge fan I think that will help a bunch 39e8343ce8822f0bfdc90be6dc3f62fa6ecf2af4b5fe45e69abbad17f757197457545caea840b02e1bd7b0c8bb75ca9f2a436e9b86ef61ddb611528ad02a7025138c3bd30134d0f64f03bcbce0044f14

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Reading your post about 80 reg weather last weekend, I couldn't help but wish for warm weather, over the past weekend I got about 30in of snow. i use my pioneer for plowing snow, I would have welcomed heat. HaHa. Back t you heat issue, I had the comfort kit installed early last fall. I would say it helped with the heat on the area between the seat cushion and back rest especially when hitting water. There is still a lot of heat in the cabin. I haven't done the shift lever mod yet, alot of heat comes through there. So I would say it helps, but not a game changer. ( You are sitting on top of the engine) I had ATVs for years, always go heat through the seat.

Reactions: Cooterbob and BWAF
C

Cooterbob

Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Reading your post about 80 reg weather last weekend, I couldn't help but wish for warm weather, over the past weekend I got about 30in of snow. i use my pioneer for plowing snow, I would have welcomed heat. HaHa. Back t you heat issue, I had the comfort kit installed early last fall. I would say it helped with the heat on the area between the seat cushion and back rest especially when hitting water. There is still a lot of heat in the cabin. I haven't done the shift lever mod yet, alot of heat comes through there. So I would say it helps, but not a game changer. ( You are sitting on top of the engine) I had ATVs for years, always go heat through the seat.
Yeah I did notice a lot of heat through shifter also

Reactions: BWAF
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had to take my seat heat pad out in December..... the heat was needed.

I "HOPE" to be able to need to put it back in by May!

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Aluminum bubble wrap insulation you can buy at lowes. Go under the seat all the way up the backrest. Add a fan later if its still needed.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow those have gone up .I was in my for 2 hrs spaying today didn't need but fan with both!

No haven’t gone up it’s 40$ now because I have addition piece. No longer single piece.

Muleyhunter

Muleyhunter

Lifetime Member
Apr 19, 2018
Lake Kiowa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bilge fan is the best to remove heat. Cabin comfort update will only slightly help.
I agree that the cabin comfort kit only helped modestly. I was wondering how well the bilge fan worked. Does anybody have any details on a bilge fan install so I don't have to go through a lot of trial and error?

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have update kit and bilge blower and it is still hot at temps above 70 degrees the way we ride. I will be re-installing my heat blanket on top of the Honda heat upgrade and I need to block off shifter holes. Only had riders in the back seats once but after 1 trip they said way to hot for summer riding and afraid of getting burned. (If I had it to do over again I would of just bought a 3 seat Pioneer)

Reactions: 0860silverado
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree that the cabin comfort kit only helped modestly. I was wondering how well the bilge fan worked. Does anybody have any details on a bilge fan install so I don't have to go through a lot of trial and error?
Haven't got a chance to test my fan will let you know after some testing

NateinNevada

NateinNevada

Jul 31, 2017
Battle Mountain, Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed the under seat heat shield and vent extension kit from bayouownbeer this weekend, it worked great, but seemed to move the heat to the panel behind your legs and the floor. It was 80 degrees and my feet cooked, way hotter than before. We also noticed the smell of gas, upon inspection gas was coming out on the vent hose and running down the side of buggy. I pulled seat and could hear the fuel boiling. Anyone else have this problem? I going to add bilge fan and pull windshield for the summer, but wow it's hot. Thanks for any input.

Reactions: 0860silverado
samiam

samiam

Jan 17, 2018
Prescott, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed this product mainly used with sound deadening applications, but it works very well with insulating the seat from heat, then I installed the camo seat covers and it helped control heat even more. At this point I don't feel the need to do a bilge fan.

Heat Shielding1

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I installed the under seat heat shield and vent extension kit from bayouownbeer this weekend, it worked great, but seemed to move the heat to the panel behind your legs and the floor. It was 80 degrees and my feet cooked, way hotter than before. We also noticed the smell of gas, upon inspection gas was coming out on the vent hose and running down the side of buggy. I pulled seat and could hear the fuel boiling. Anyone else have this problem? I going to add bilge fan and pull windshield for the summer, but wow it's hot. Thanks for any input.
I have a three seater, not a five, but as much dash/seat heat as I've experienced on my machine, I've never heard boiling gasoline! But I do believe it! I'm convinced that there needs to be a complete redesign of the 5 seater for real world use. (Melted floor boards being a commom issue). As far as my P1K-3, I've given up on dash heat and just thrown away my hood. Removing the hood allows ambient air to be blasted through the shifter gates instead of radiator heated air/front tire dust. I've felt my instrument cluster after an hour of work and literally could not keep my finger on the display. No way that cluster would've held up under that kind of heat. Without the hood you will at least not be blast furnaced by radiator air and it'll keep your display working for a while longer before failing.

Last edited:
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's all relative. It gets hot in TN but I've not experienced the way too hot in the cab. I've heard the upgrades help some.

cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There are bilge fan install pics on this forum that will help greatly. I mounted my fan horizontally and pointed it at the exhaust pipe where it attaches to the cylinder. when I turn it on, it blows the heat out the back. I do have a 3 seat, so I don't have any back seat riders to worry about. I did see a kit online somewhere that blew the air out the bottom??

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!