The lower Ball Joint nut came off this weekend. L&W front arms.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Disassembly is a success.
8db8ff8462c51e399b0ba63682158d15

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Disassembly is a success.
View attachment 427380

The diff case halfs are relatively cheap in the grand scheme of things and red upper arms are the cheapest color from Honda if you do need to replace them. I highly doubt they are bent though. Are both arms bent the same amount and in the same place when you put a straight edge across them?

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The diff case halfs are relatively cheap in the grand scheme of things and red upper arms are the cheapest color from Honda if you do need to replace them. I highly doubt they are bent though. Are both arms bent the same amount and in the same place when you put a straight edge across them?
Driver side is visibly bent.
Passanger is not.

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
R4 and R2 arms ARE NOT THE SAME.

I'd check my R2 for you but I'm out of town for work until Friday.
Technically we both were right…. For 2023/2024, Lowers are the same but uppers are not… at least based on the part numbers… I only checked the lowers for arm guard fitment and just assumed the uppers would be the same… good to note

Last edited:
advertisement
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
@Hondasxs - How do the bushings hold up in your L&W lowers? Mine are s*** after a ride or two. I've been contemplating cutting off the mounting points on the arms and welding a set of the factory mounts on in their place so I can use the OEM bushings. I know the SATV arms have an OEM style bushing option but haven't seen much on how they hold up.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I know the SATV arms have an OEM style bushing option but haven't seen much on how they hold up.

The SATV OEM style work fine and are like fifty million times better than any bushing/sleeve combo no matter the claims or the material. All garbage. In the rock crawling world bushings like that are only used for drivetrain mounting and roll cage things. Nobody uses those for suspension pivots unless used in a leaf spring application where the twist on the bushings is minimal. I just bought a set of replacement SATV oem style bushings for my R4 arms and I have zero doubt about them. I'd wager a guess and say they are probably made in the same factory in China as the ones Honda buys and uses. 😁

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
The SATV OEM style work fine and are like fifty million times better than any bushing/sleeve combo no matter the claims or the material. All garbage. In the rock crawling world bushings like that are only used for drivetrain mounting and roll cage things. Nobody uses those for suspension pivots unless used in a leaf spring application where the twist on the bushings is minimal. I just bought a set of replacement SATV oem style bushings for my R4 arms and I have zero doubt about them. I'd wager a guess and say they are probably made in the same factory in China as the ones Honda buys and uses. 😁
100%… wasn’t worried about the bushings so much as the build/wear/tear on the SATV arms they come in that I’ve never heard good or bad about. I’ve got a ton of the OEM ones from pulling them out of all the bent stock radius rods and lower arms lol.

Can’t believe no one else has jumped on using the OEM stuff. Assuming because of the circlip and not being able to just phone it in.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
100%… wasn’t worried about the bushings so much as the build/wear/tear on the SATV arms they come in that I’ve never heard good or bad about. I’ve got a ton of the OEM ones from pulling them out of all the bent stock radius rods and lower arms lol.

Can’t believe no one else has jumped on using the OEM stuff. Assuming because of the circlip and not being able to just phone it in.
I have the SATV bushings in one of our aarm setups. It’s been good so far. I have the bushing tool. There are some, I know of, that have used the factory style bushing without the circlip without any issues too. I plan on sticking the factory style bushings in our S3 aarms, that don’t have the groove for the circlip, when they need bushings.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!