BOX1

P1000 The Official P1k WHAT DID U PAY thread!

B

browntruck1981

Aug 6, 2020
US
Their prices are almost too good, compared to others.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

B

browntruck1981

Aug 6, 2020
US
Good experience?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

michdave

michdave

Apr 28, 2019
Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picked up in Brookhaven, MS it’s 2021 deluxe. 15,997 plus 50 trama tax. That’s only fees. Unless you have taxes in your state. I live in Louisiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't have farm exempt in La.

So...not to get into a big debate....

Every state has taxes on vehicles that have VINs. If your dealer, or the salesman who sold you the machine informed you otherwise...they're misleading you, naive to the states requirements, or simply leaving out the "whole truth".

For you folks in LA,..yes they do have taxes. Here is a link to a recent bulletin sent out where the state has identified many dealers that have not been collecting tax on sales and informing customers that they "didn't need to pay taxes". (See link below for bulletin sent to all dealers)

This is an age old trick in the world of off-road powersports. If a dealer convinces a potential customer that they do not have to pay taxes, they're able to provide a lower "Out-The-Door" price...because it's not truly OTD. They're only doing it to sweeten the price and make the sale.

I've worked in the industry for 12 years in multiple states, and have purchased and sold over 35 OHV's throughout the US during my moves....I haven't ran into once state that doesn't require taxes paid on a new or used sale to transfer an ACTUAL title. I've ran into dealers in every area I lived claiming I "didn't have to pay taxes"...until I questioned them about whether I received a Title or MSO and the legality of their claims....I ALWAYS received a call back stating that I was right and would have to pay taxes to receive a Title.

Want to check if you've been "had" by a dealer....look at what you think is your title. Is it a title? or an Manufactures Statement of Origin (MSO)? If you didn't pay taxes, chances are you only have, in your possession, an MSO.

For some folks, that's fine. Just be aware that if you carry insurance on your machine and it was ever to be totaled/stolen and the insurance company paid out, they would request the title because once they pay out, they essentially "bought" the vehicle from you. If you cannot provide a Title...they do not have to pay out. I've confirmed this through USAA, Geico and Progressive after purchasing a used dirt bike a few years back and only getting the MSO. Lesson learned.

I saw a sad example of this in VA a year or so ago. A very well known dealer went from being one of the highest sellers of orange dirt bikes to losing their dealers license for informing customers that they "didn't have to pay sales tax on off-road vehicles" in VA. Obviously after loosing his license, the dealer is no more. Some states regulate it and monitor it more than others.

Obviously there are tax exceptions such as farmer/agricultural, disabled veterans in some states, etc.

But, a lot of folks trust what their dealer or salesman says and its' not the correct information. If you don't believe me....call your DMV or Secretary of State and tell them that you bought a new or used OHV. Ask them if you have to pay taxes to get or transfer a title. I promise you that they know more about the subject than the salesman at your local dealer in most cases.

With all that being said, I don't think all dealers are shady. I don't think all salesman are shady. But...money makes folks do funny stuff.

I hate sales tax as much as the next guy and with my incredibly indecisive nature when it comes to "toy" purchases...Lord knows Uncle Same has gotten more money from me in term of taxes than most. But...gotta pay to play, right?

Sorry...hope that's not bad news for folks and I'm not trying to cause an argument. I just hate dealerships misleading their customers.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I

Every state has taxes on vehicles that have VINs. If your dealer, or the salesman who sold you the machine informed you otherwise...they're misleading you, naive to the states requirements, or simply leaving out the "whole truth".

For you folks in LA,..yes they do have taxes. Here is a link to a recent bulletin sent out where the state has identified many dealers that have not been collecting tax on sales and informing customers that they "didn't need to pay taxes". (See link below for bulletin sent to all dealers)

This is an age old trick in the world of off-road powersports. If a dealer convinces a potential customer that they do not have to pay taxes, they're able to provide a lower "Out-The-Door" price...because it's not truly OTD. They're only doing it to sweeten the price and make the sale.

I've worked in the industry for 12 years in multiple states, and have purchased and sold over 35 OHV's throughout the US during my moves....I haven't ran into once state that doesn't require taxes paid on a new or used sale to transfer an ACTUAL title. I've ran into dealers in every area I lived claiming I "didn't have to pay taxes"...until I questioned them about whether I received a Title or MSO and the legality of their claims....I ALWAYS received a call back stating that I was right and would have to pay taxes to receive a Title.

Want to check if you've been "had" by a dealer....look at what you think is your title. Is it a title? or an Manufactures Statement of Origin (MSO)? If you didn't pay taxes, chances are you only have, in your possession, an MSO.

For some folks, that's fine. Just be aware that if you carry insurance on your machine and it was ever to be totaled/stolen and the insurance company paid out, they would request the title because once they pay out, they essentially "bought" the vehicle from you. If you cannot provide a Title...they do not have to pay out. I've confirmed this through USAA, Geico and Progressive after purchasing a used dirt bike a few years back and only getting the MSO. Lesson learned.

I saw a sad example of this in VA a year or so ago. A very well known dealer went from being one of the highest sellers of orange dirt bikes to losing their dealers license for informing customers that they "didn't have to pay sales tax on off-road vehicles" in VA. Obviously after loosing his license, the dealer is no more. Some states regulate it and monitor it more than others.

Obviously there are tax exceptions such as farmer/agricultural, disabled veterans in some states, etc.

But, a lot of folks trust what their dealer or salesman says and its' not the correct information. If you don't believe me....call your DMV or Secretary of State and tell them that you bought a new or used OHV. Ask them if you have to pay taxes to get or transfer a title. I promise you that they know more about the subject than the salesman at your local dealer in most cases.

With all that being said, I don't think all dealers are shady. I don't think all salesman are shady. But...money makes folks do funny stuff.

I hate sales tax as much as the next guy and with my incredibly indecisive nature when it comes to "toy" purchases...Lord knows Uncle Same has gotten more money from me in term of taxes than most. But...gotta pay to play, right?

Sorry...hope that's not bad news for folks and I'm not trying to cause an argument. I just hate dealerships misleading their customers.
I have a couple of buddies burned on a sxs and a boat in another state. State of Tennessee came back almost a year later wanting their tax money. What could have been added to their loan at the time of purchase, had to be paid out of pocket. Also, idk about other states, but in Tennessee u owe taxes on anything bought. That includes online, person to person, etc etc. That's all on the honor system, so it doesn't happen. There is gonna be a day when they will monitor all online sales and get u there also.

Reactions: michdave
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I
I have a couple of buddies burned on a sxs and a boat in another state. State of Tennessee came back almost a year later wanting their tax money. What could have been added to their loan at the time of purchase, had to be paid out of pocket. Also, idk about other states, but in Tennessee u owe taxes on anything bought. That includes online, person to person, etc etc. That's all on the honor system, so it doesn't happen. There is gonna be a day when they will monitor all online sales and get u there also.
Cashiers checks for person to person purchases. My bank does it for free, costs me a stamp and the wife doesn't know! HA!

Reactions: TripleB
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Apparently you are either confused, or misread what was stated! No one stated there were no taxes in LA. AFTER @JTW stated ...... 'unless farm exempt' ...... I stated "LA. does not have farm exempt", but did not say nor imply we did not have sale tax.

I had no desire for a title if having to pay tax. So, I found a way around it, paid not tax, and got only a MSO, which was just fine with me.

Reactions: michdave
tradosaurus

tradosaurus

Jun 2, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I will get some photos uploaded at some point. The bummy part is I have already paid for the pioneer but because of work schedules I won't get to pick it up until this thursday. We have "owned it" since Wednesday of last week. The only Kubota photos I have are when we bought it in April and brought it home.

View attachment 213772 View attachment 213773 View attachment 213774 View attachment 213775

Exact tractor I bought in Feb of 2019. Have 90 hrs on mine. Love it.

Reactions: Robobrainiac
S

stonerkirk4

Jun 28, 2020
US
Your mistaken on state sales tax on vehicles Oregon does not hav tax on vehicles

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

T

ToothDK87

Sep 16, 2020
MS
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Bumping this thread.

After contacting all dealers within 6 hours of me, the best price dealer won’t have what I want until the end of November, so I contacted another dealer to see when they would get one in. This dealer who I spoke with two weeks ago quoted me at $17300 OTD (no tax) for a 2021 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe white with windshield and roof. When I called today he said he’s only got reds in stock but he would swap for the white plastics at not charge. But then he told me that he never quoted me that price and actually the price would start at $17,600 before options. So I’m wondering if anyone else has had dealers go up significantly on the price like this?

*I will still pay the tax when I register it

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bumping this thread.

After contacting all dealers within 6 hours of me, the best price dealer won’t have what I want until the end of November, so I contacted another dealer to see when they would get one in. This dealer who I spoke with two weeks ago quoted me at $17300 OTD (no tax) for a 2021 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe white with windshield and roof. When I called today he said he’s only got reds in stock but he would swap for the white plastics at not charge. But then he told me that he never quoted me that price and actually the price would start at $17,600 before options. So I’m wondering if anyone else has had dealers go up significantly on the price like this?

Personally, I would just WAIT until there production picks up and deals are available.

C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
I think this will forever change the market and price on these.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
That statement about Insurance not covering a MSO only vehicle claim is interesting.

Reactions: Mudwing
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
My thoughts are eventually when the virus scare is over and demand drops with.all the units sold you will be able to negotiate a good deal again. But who knows how long it may be.

Reactions: Mudwing and Mudder
C

Capn1

Apr 28, 2020
SEMO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Bumping this thread.

Yes I had dealers go up on price when the salesman I was talking to was "on vacation" or "no longer with them". I've called so many times since the beginning of August and just missed one that I'm at the point now where I'm tired of it and haven't even called one of them in a couple weeks or whenever it was that Abernathy's moved or changed hands or whatever they did a while back.

In my experience, the dealers with stock were a couple thousand higher than the ones without stock. I'm starting to think this is a game they're playing to keep you from going somewhere else, then they claim their salesman is gone and jack the price up when they get inventory. Also, I could be overthinking it but I'm planning on waiting until they all have inventory anyway.

Reactions: Smitty335
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!