Thinking of trading

J

JTW

So... not gunna lie. I find myself riding harder than I thought I would and I really don't like having to push the p5 that hard. I also think a little larger would be good for the family and the little time suckers!! I'm considering trading for a 4 seat 700, 5-1000 or possibly a wolverine and adding a rear seat. Let me here your thoughts!

Reactions: GlockMeister
Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
So... not gunna lie. I find myself riding harder than I thought I would and I really don't like having to push the p5 that hard. I also think a little larger would be good for the family and the little time suckers!! I'm considering trading for a 4 seat 700, 5-1000 or possibly a wolverine and adding a rear seat. Let me here your thoughts!

awwwww i would miss you and your spark :oops: :)
... I can see it would be nice for your family tho to have more seating. Family fun time is worth the change.

Reactions: JTW
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I think your only option is a 1000. The 700 is ok, but if your looking for speed and power look elsewhere. Not to say it want get the job done. It will, and will do it all over again and again if need be.

Can't speak for the wolverine. I do like it's style though. Would love to see this concept from Honda in the future.

If your not limited to trail width then take a ride on the 1000. You'll love it.

The thing I hate the most about all this is all the time and $ you spent on accessories for the 500.
Good luck on your decision.

J

Jshell3

I understand @JTW
Right now you've got a RARE 17. So if you're looking to sell, keep talking it up!
Stick a phone number on your signature line with a tag line saying as such...
If take home test drives were a thing, we wouldn't rely on the internet product reviews... good luck!

J

JTW

I think your only option is a 1000. The 700 is ok, but if your looking for speed and power look elsewhere. Not to say it want get the job done. It will, and will do it all over again and again if need be.

Can't speak for the wolverine. I do like it's style though. Would love to see this concept from Honda in the future.

If your not limited to trail width then take a ride on the 1000. You'll love it.

The thing I hate the most about all this is all the time and $ you spent on accessories for the 500.
Good luck on your decision.
Yup.. I'm around 12k and need more to get it to where I want it to perform.. that's why I'm considering a move now. Regardless if it's a 1000 or a wolverine I'll see you all at the take over! I really like the seating of the 1000 and the transmission md features..

J

JTW

awwwww i would miss you and your spark :oops: :)
... I can see it would be nice for your family tho to have more seating. Family fun time is worth the change.
Well I haven't done it yet.. just contemplating since riding yesterday. Wife and kids stayed home while I was riding.. with just me and the guys I push the little machine more than I like.

Reactions: Miss_Oak
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
BOOOOOO!!!

J

JTW

I understand @JTW
Right now you've got a RARE 17. So if you're looking to sell, keep talking it up!
Stick a phone number on your signature line with a tag line saying as such...
If take home test drives were a thing, we wouldn't rely on the internet product reviews... good luck!
Yeah.. there's soooo much I like about it but I can't help but think I should have bought a larger machine now that I've actually had some seat time and realize some of the reasons I bought a small machine aren't as necessary or important as I thought they'd be.

Reactions: Miss_Oak
J

Jshell3

Yeah.. there's soooo much I like about it but I can't help but think I should have bought a larger machine now that I've actually had some seat time and realize some of the reasons I bought a small machine aren't as necessary or important as I thought they'd be.
Ever heard of the Benjamin Franklin close?
List the positives...
List the negatives...
Longest list wins.

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Come ride with us on November 12th, 18th, or 19th and you'll be able to be around P700's and P1000's.

I'll let you drive mine with me sitting next to you.....armed

Signature:

QUOTE by Sharp, Where's Don? He's probably spray painting stuff lmfao!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oh yeah, I meant to say we will be riding near Winchester TN. Not terribly far for you but we will have a big group of forum members.

Signature:

Reactions: DGann and JTW
J

JTW

Ever heard of the Benjamin Franklin close?
List the positives...
List the negatives...
Longest list wins.
Oh I analyzed the s*** out of it before I purchased.. I just didn't realize where some of those priorities would actually fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DGann
J

JTW

Come ride with us on November 12th, 18th, or 19th and you'll be able to be around P700's and P1000's.

I'll let you drive mine with me sitting next to you.....armed

Signature:

We're leaving the weekend before thanksgiving but the 12th might work.

Lmao.. I appreciate the offer! Anything you don't like about it? Do you ever find the size cumbersome?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I know there are two different mind sets. I came from the off road truck world so this is a lot smaller.

Also, we don't have 50" trails around here. If someone invites me to take the narrow trails, I'll bring the Foreman.

Come on down and follow us or just leave the P5 at home and make an easy trip.

Signature:

Reactions: DGann
J

JTW

I know there are two different mind sets. I came from the off road truck world so this is a lot smaller.

Also, we don't have 50" trails around here. If someone invites me to take the narrow trails, I'll bring the Foreman.

Come on down and follow us or just leave the P5 at home and make an easy trip.

Signature:

we don't have 50" trails either.. I've come to realize I would be better off with a 4 wheeler and a larger sxs than expecting to mesh both machines into one. I don't usually make these types of errors but oh well.

Reactions: joeymt33
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Hindsight is always 20/20 .We have all done things that we regretted later,If I were you I would look into the 1000 or the 700.These are the times for you to be spending with your young family ,your family can't enjoy it unless they are involved. If it means taking a loss on your 500 so be it.

J

JTW

Hindsight is always 20/20 .We have all done things that we regretted later,If I were you I would look into the 1000 or the 700.These are the times for you to be spending with your young family ,your family can't enjoy it unless they are involved. If it means taking a loss on your 500 so be it.
Yep.. it got me yesterday when I was out and riding with my buddies and the girls were at home. The 500 isn't as sporty as I would like if it's only going to be me.. and truthfully it worries me a little having the girls in the back. I just feel like I'm pouring money into a machine that won't be what I want and by the time I spend all that on it I should just buy a more suited bike.
I'm thinking it will either be the 1000 or the wolverine and add a seat.

DGann

DGann

Dec 20, 2015
Russellville Alabama
Yep.. it got me yesterday when I was out and riding with my buddies and the girls were at home. The 500 isn't as sporty as I would like if it's only going to be me.. and truthfully it worries me a little having the girls in the back. I just feel like I'm pouring money into a machine that won't be what I want and by the time I spend all that on it I should just buy a more suited bike.
I'm thinking it will either be the 1000 or the wolverine and add a seat.

I have a p700-4 and love it, but if I was looking for one I would go with the 1000, these machines are awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Does anyone have any first hand experience with both the 1000-5 and the wolverine?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!