Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Bottom line, I took mine off again. Earlier on I reported I thought I found the problem was sticking at the hinge, fixed that, rode it for a bit and it seemed ok then rode again in more technical riding and was not comfortable with it and felt it could stick again so took it off and will leave it off.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Bottom line, I took mine off again. Earlier on I reported I thought I found the problem was sticking at the hinge, fixed that, rode it for a bit and it seemed ok then rode again in more technical riding and was not comfortable with it and felt it could stick again so took it off and will leave it off.
Solrus says similar. You guys have me leaning towards sending it back. I'd like to hear from more of the members that have this mod.

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Oak, have you installed one on yours???

Yes, I use it all the time. I love it. I have not had any problem with it sticking. I never even think about it being on there. I use the p5 daily around the ranch. Sometimes on the road too. Also I dont have a floormat. ..... I'm 55 so maybe i just ride around like an old hen, maybe thats the difference. Hahaha Actually, i like fly'n thru the hills too! Never to old to have fun! Haha :D

Reactions: Jshell3 and Eltobgi
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes, I use it all the time. I love it. I have not had any problem with it sticking. I never even think about it being on there. I use the p5 daily around the ranch. Sometimes on the road too. Also I dont have a floormat. ..... I'm 55 so maybe i just ride around like an old hen, maybe thats the difference. Hahaha Actually, i like fly'n thru the hills too! Never to old to have fun! Haha :D
Ok well, I'm 54 and ride around like an old rooster. So maybe I'll like it too. Sense Jackal's had it the longest (I think) I'd like to hear what he thinks of it now. Thanks for your report Oak!

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
Ok well, I'm 54 and ride around like an old rooster. So maybe I'll like it too. Sense Jackal's had it the longest (I think) I'd like to hear what he thinks of it now. Thanks for your report Oak!

Hahaha cock-a-doodle-doo :D Good luck! ;)

Reactions: Montecresto
willeh_ca

willeh_ca

Aug 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 500
I jumped on the forum band wagon and ordered one a couple of weeks ago. It came super fast here to Ontario Canada. I'm happy with it. I've got size 12 feet and am 6'2", it allows my foot, boot and right leg to be in a much more comfortable position. If anything I find I push forward vs press down the throttle max with the toe of my boot to get full throttle. Works for me, but I can see how others might not prefer it.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I think you just have to get used to it. I've felt the stick on occasion, might have just been riding heavy on the heel.
I can see the benefit in long stretches of steady throttle, going through the gears type riding not so much.

M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
I think you just have to get used to it. I've felt the stick on occasion, might have just been riding heavy on the heel.
I can see the benefit in long stretches of steady throttle, going through the gears type riding not so much.
Here's my 2cents on the throttle max---Have'nt had mine to stick like some have But I still find myself putting my foot too far up to the gas pedal & not realizing my heel is still in the lower part witch is still pressing down.once i pull my foot back a little bit that don't seem to happen.

Reactions: trigger and tjoreo
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Exactly, but for me to relearn and over come " natural reflex" to put foot on the gas pedal and not on throttle max add on is not something I want to to , since I do daily driving on regular car and prefer not to change of my muscle memory behavior with gas pedal position

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and maddmax
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's my 2cents on the throttle max---Have'nt had mine to stick like some have But I still find myself putting my foot too far up to the gas pedal & not realizing my heel is still in the lower part witch is still pressing down.once i pull my foot back a little bit that don't seem to happen.
I think @maddmax hit it on the head. Any part of the pedal that is being pushed is going to give you a little throttle. My only complaint about it is if you have little kids or even my old dog that rides up front. They have a tendency to giver a little or "Alot" of throttle without even knowing. I keep yelling at the dog to get off of it, but he's 16 and can't hear for squat. Actually my 3 year old doesn't give a squat either. To each their own.

advertisement
M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
Exactly, but for me to relearn and over come " natural reflex" to put foot on the gas pedal and not on throttle max add on is not something I want to to , since I do daily driving on regular car and prefer not to change of my muscle memory behavior with gas pedal position

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Solrus you hit it. You have to retrain ur foot & brain.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Yep, that's it... heel pressing down on flat part makes it feel funny!
Gonna take some getting used to or it was money pissed away.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Solrus you hit it. You have to retrain ur foot & brain.
There is my problem then, I don't have a brain to retrain. Another issue I have is when I load the P5 on my toy hauler (it has the deck on the front) I have 2 inches of space before the front of the P5 goes over the edge and I have to have perfect throttle response as a result, otherwise I could break something, like myself

H

Hardwaterflyer

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2015
West Central Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spent yesterday clearing trails and it was our first day using the ThrottleMaxx. My wife really liked it--I have a few concerns. We have a P700-2 with cab and Honda floor mat. For my feet it was a learning experience as throttle was "jerky" until I placed my foot low er on the pedal than I was used to. I agree with other comments about a "learning curve". But my wife thought it was a great add-on. Helped with a smaller foot I guess. I will leave it on for now but winter operation with large boots might pose a different set of issues.

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
@Montecresto was wondering what you decided about yours ?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Alan.
What do you feel like it was sticking to the rubber floor mat?
I have the Honda rubber flooring mats in both the P500 & P1K using the ThrottleMaxx for a few hundred miles now. I have not had any indication of sticking in either sxs. But I could see someone who gets a lot of sticky mud in the floorboard area possibly having issues.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
@Montecresto was wondering what you decided about yours ?
I'm going to install it today and I'll definitely post my review later. Been very busy! Thanks Oak!

Reactions: Miss_Oak
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Just installed throttlemax on my P5 and loved it until I put on my big robber boots and the problem I encountered there is that I tend to put my entire boot on it and when I push down on the throttle the hill of my boot holds the throttle down so I have to lift my entire foot to reales it. But what I do now is to plase my foot with the hill turned to the side and no problem. Like they sead just a little learning curve. ;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Installed the TM yesterday and put about 10 miles on it. I had some difficulty in finding a suitable spot and angle to place my foot, but I think I finally landed it where I'll keep it. It's definitely an improvement to the P5 I think so far.

Reactions: ehart814
Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
Installed the TM yesterday and put about 10 miles on it. I had some difficulty in finding a suitable spot and angle to place my foot, but I think I finally landed it where I'll keep it. It's definitely an improvement to the P5 I think so far.

Oh good Monte, so far so good... :cool:

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!