Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I've felt the same thing a couple of times and I don't have the floor mats.
Cut that lip off maybe?
Not sure that would work either, seems like is could stick more. Need to figure out how to fix it because I do like the feel of the Throttle Maxx., it has potential.

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Not sure that would work either, seems like is could stick more. Need to figure out how to fix it because I do like the feel of the Throttle Maxx., it has potential.
Is it hanging up Alan? Would Teflon coating help/work?

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Maybe a person could cut a small piece out of an old plastic skid plate and rivet it to the floor.
My concern then would be if the hinge gets hung up from mud etc., which in turn could cause the throttle to stick also. Keep the ideas coming because the like the idea of the Throttle Maxx.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Mines still setting in a box at my Oklahoma office, haven't had the chance to install it yet, in fact, haven't started the P5 in a week, been too busy!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I figured it would possibly slide back and forth better on smooth plastic compared to the rubber floor mat or the stock floor.
Yeah, I would think so too. Or a piece of stainless.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed mine on my 700 and have had the same feeling with it wanting to stick on a ride we took last weekend. We just have the stock floor with no rubber mat. It was mainly on well maintained roads that we were pretty heavy in the throttle. We went for a slower technical ride this weekend, where we weren't using as much throttle and I never had the feeling of it sticking at all. I am guess it is not really sticking but with heavier throttle it takes a little more foot release to back off the throttle. I actually think you have to be pay a little more attention because you could still be given it plenty of throttle with just a little heel pressure. Just my observation and I still think it is worth it's weight in gold.

Reactions: Montecresto
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I installed mine on my 700 and have had the same feeling with it wanting to stick on a ride we took last weekend. We just have the stock floor with no rubber mat. It was mainly on well maintained roads that we were pretty heavy in the throttle. We went for a slower technical ride this weekend, where we weren't using as much throttle and I never had the feeling of it sticking at all. I am guess it is not really sticking but with heavier throttle it takes a little more foot release to back off the throttle. I actually think you have to be pay a little more attention because you could still be given it plenty of throttle with just a little heel pressure. Just my observation and I still think it is worth it's weight in gold.
I was have the problem in low gear creeping over big rocks, would just barely touch it and it not let off without lifting my whole foot/let.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I think I found the issue with the Throttle Maxx. I took it off last week and today I was trying to figure the issue and it seems that when it was painted the paint was causing the hinge to bind. I cleaned the paint out of the hinge no more bind, reinstalled, when for a short ride and did not have any sticking.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I think I found the issue with the Throttle Maxx. I took it off last week and today I was trying to figure the issue and it seems that when it was painted the paint was causing the hinge to bind. I cleaned the paint out of the hinge no more bind, reinstalled, when for a short ride and did not have any sticking.
That's great Alan, thank god for you retired guys that can do this kind of trouble shooting for the rest of us! Much appreciated.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That was my goal during my career MC, to get retired so I could get stuff done, that working crap really interferes with important things in life.
Well you just enjoy that buddy, the rest of us are right behind you.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Maybe a shot of lube.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally had a chance to drive today for couple hours, and tested the Throttle Maxx.

Both my wife and I after independent testing, came to agreement that without proper training it could be dangerous for us.

1. I have more fine gas pedal control without it
2. On humps , her and mine foot were bottoming to the floor what caused excessive acceleration and jerkiness
3. I think it would be good for highway riding , sort or active cruse control, but not on bumpy field that we drove today.

Final decision - going to take it off and return it.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
What's the latest prognosis on the ThrottleMax guys. I just received mine and wondering if I should open it and try it or just return it unopened???

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I m returning mine. It's a specific add on. For me it reduced throttle response time, or I had unexpectant acceleration riding over humps.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and Montecresto
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!