Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Just installed throttlemax on my P5 and loved it until I put on my big robber boots and the problem I encountered there is that I tend to put my entire boot on it and when I push down on the throttle the hill of my boot holds the throttle down so I have to lift my entire foot to reales it. But what I do now is to plase my foot with the hill turned to the side and no problem. Like they sead just a little learning curve. ;)
That's another reason I took mine off, I could not get comfortable with it with regular boots so I was very concerned about my winter driving with my Sorels on.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That's another reason I took mine off, I could not get comfortable with it with regular boots so I was very concerned about my winter driving with my Sorels on.
Haven't tried that yet but could readily see that winter foot gear could hang up on the bolt heads. It may be something I take off for the winter and use the rest of the time, I tend to do less riding in the winter than otherwise anyway.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Well I've been riding for several days now with the throttlemax and I'm very happy with it. I had the same problem while wearing my boots so I simply swong the ThrottleMaxx over it self and just leave it on and when not wearing boots I just simply flip it back down. It is owsom.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well I've been riding for several days now with the throttlemax and I'm very happy with it. I had the same problem while wearing my boots so I simply swong the ThrottleMaxx over it self and just leave it on and when not wearing boots I just simply flip it back down. It is owsom.
Ha! That's a great idea.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used mine on my 1000 the first time this past weekend moose and caribou hunting off of the Denali Hwy. It does take a little bit to get used to and to retrain your brain. Once I got that down I really began to like it. It's great when you need to feather the throttle through really rocky areas. I was wearing my Arctic Mucks the whole time and had no problem with the size of the boot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
Hate this board. Every time I look at it I spend $50+! Seriously though, this looks like a GREAT product as I got the dreaded shin cramp deer hunting last week. I ordered one today and just got a call from the guy who makes them asking about my shirt size as he is sending me a free one. I love small business. Even if it does not work I would never send it back as I would rather this guy have my money. Super impressed so far and have not even received it yet.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hate this board. Every time I look at it I spend $50+! Seriously though, this looks like a GREAT product as I got the dreaded shin cramp deer hunting last week. I ordered one today and just got a call from the guy who makes them asking about my shirt size as he is sending me a free one. I love small business. Even if it does not work I would never send it back as I would rather this guy have my money. Super impressed so far and have not even received it yet.
Good for you. I don't think I got the shirt. You may think it awkward at first, but ride with it for a while trying different foot positions and you'll likely end up keeping it. Although one or two members I think never did find it suitable and removed it for good.

Reactions: Duckiller
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We don't wear rubber boots much here is South Texas, only thing I noticed is if I turn around to get something out of the bed I accidentally push the gas peddle. So make sure it's in park before turningaround!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
OK, got and installed it. I love it. I can see why some might not. You have to adjust the way your foot rests on the peddle and if you dont I see how you could feel its sticking. Great product for me, I love it and will NOT be taking it off. Combine that with the reverse lever delete and it is MUCH more intuitive to drive.

advertisement
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Getting tired of my shin going numb and getting cramps on my right leg while driving P500 for long periods due to my foot placement on the throttle pedal. Ordered two of these to install on my P500 and P1K to alleviate that very issue. Once installed and tested will give a follow up review.

throttlemaxx

I know others have made their own DIY setups but decided to support this family run small business.
Just installed one on 2017 Pioneer 500 and really smooths things out. Owner actually called me back to confirm fit after order. Good to support a retired guy starting his own business.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Any risk of pedal sticking with this device?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Do not think so, have one on 2017 P 500, it has a bent up bottom that slides on floor. Seems like you have to push a little more distance than without, but definitely more comfortable and smoother. Does as advertised!

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Haven't tried that yet but could readily see that winter foot gear could hang up on the bolt heads. It may be something I take off for the winter and use the rest of the time, I tend to do less riding in the winter than otherwise anyway.
Just installed mine, smoother Phillips head screw on top.

Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
Just installed mine, smoother Phillips head screw on top.
For me if I have my foot that high on the pedal to touch the screws then my foot is in the wrong place. Point of the upgrade for me is to keep my foot much lower so I never actually touch the pedal anymore.

Reactions: Miss_Oak
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
For me if I have my foot that high on the pedal to touch the screws then my foot is in the wrong place. Point of the upgrade for me is to keep my foot much lower so I never actually touch the pedal anymore.
True enough, most of the time, but those wet winter months when you're wearing the wool lined boots that make your feet look twice as big..............going to have to be careful, or do like Mudder did.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I love mine ! When I want to go slow and have perfect control I use it . When I just want to go , I slide my foot up .

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!