P700m4 Tie straps location

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
The
I have towed heavy equipment, farm equipment, ATVs, etc. for years and am very particular about how I tie them down. The Pioneer is actually one of the easiest things I have to tie down because it has four handy hook points on each corner built right in!

The attached photos show where I attach the straps front and rear (four total when towing). The straps in the photos are NOT what I use to actually tie it down on the trailer. I use much heavier ratchet straps. I just grabbed them to demonstrate in the shop. These tie-down points are structurally very strong. I'm also not shy about getting the straps good and tight so that the Pioneer doesn't move!

View attachment 5127 View attachment 5128 View attachment 5129 View attachment 5130

These are the tie down locations I use. Because I have Fox shocks installed I also set the clickers to full compression to keep the rig from bouncing up and down, and use the parking brake. I had gotten into the habit of putting it in neutral from my atv days. I heard if you leave it in gear you could ruin the gears if it rocked back and forth too much.
When I am done, it don't move!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 182
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What Honda has to say

575fe004f879e262a11c1ce1af2c8b1c

What I used to do...it let it shift side to side some as the tie downs are only pulling end to end against each other.
5e715b9a3d5c40c85fdd20bb1f498091

I bought a 4 pack of HD tie downs after reading the loadmasters PDF.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
In Texas law is 4 points of contact, that means 4 separate tie down points.
I had an old timer tell me that my rock krawling vehicle was tied down wrong.he told me that if you tie down to a part of the vehicle that is above the suspension that as the vehicle bounces,it could cause the hooks to detach. So i use 2 axle straps and 2 ratchet straps on each axle. He told me the tires do not flex as much as the suspension.
20141206 075909

Reactions: Hondasxs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!