P500 tips on paddle shifting?

M0oseMeat

M0oseMeat

Mar 17, 2017
Alberta
Ownership

1. 500
I Just recently bought a P500 yesterday! I am still getting use to the paddle shifting and such was wondering if I could get some advice when it comes to uphill shifting? from a stop position at the bottom of the hill seem like i can do it in second no problem but quite slow? thank you. any tips would help!

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I Just recently bought a P500 yesterday! I am still getting use to the paddle shifting and such was wondering if I could get some advice when it comes to uphill shifting? from a stop position at the bottom of the hill seem like i can do it in second no problem but quite slow? thank you. any tips would help!
Don't shift on big hills until it's up to operating temp. Also it takes a few hundred miles to really break in and start shifting better. Mine didn't always shift on hills when newer... adjust the clutch, might help a little

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Agree that until you get the oil hot it is sluggish and sometimes wont shift when going up hill or under heavy load. Warm weather or warm oil and mine shifts just fine regardless of terrain. I have 280 miles on mine and it shifts great and have not had to adjust clutch.

My 06 electric shift rancher behaves the same way.

M0oseMeat

M0oseMeat

Mar 17, 2017
Alberta
Ownership

1. 500
yea thats the problem then I am in northern alberta/canada so its still winter for another month Ill keep it low until the summer and until its broke in abit more. Thank you

C

cccan

Nov 8, 2016
edmonton
Ownership

1. 500
moose you know it will be more than a month.....it's Alberta always expect snow in May:)

Reactions: M0oseMeat
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
yea thats the problem then I am in northern alberta/canada so its still winter for another month Ill keep it low until the summer and until its broke in abit more. Thank you

Once broken in, for the cold weather you could use the Honda HP4 0W30 rather than the GN4 10W30.

Reactions: M0oseMeat

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!