• Welcome to HONDASXS.com

If you are a guest please take time to REGISTER with us. Stay up to date on the Honda Side by Side line and take part in our online forum. Check out the FAQ. Once you register you can start to make post. Users will respond to your question or statement. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit below or click the board index to see a list of all forums. Thanks and have fun.

Tire Pressure PSI

Discussion in 'Pioneer 700 Shop Talk' started by TrailTamer, Jul 25, 2013.

1. TrailTamer

TrailTamer New Member

Maintaining proper tire pressure is important with any vehicle much less your side by side or ATV. My experience with ATV's has me accustom to low pressure tires around the 4-5 psi range. With such said do you think the Pioneer will run the same low PSI tires? One would think that since it is a heaver machine that Honda would recommend increasing the PSI to a higher level.

2. admin

admin Your club! I just turn it on!
    Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Member Supporting Member

You are correct, Honda does recommend increasing the PSI above what you may be accustom to with a ATV. Maintaining the proper pressure is important. However most important is maintaining the proper balance between the left and right sides of both the front or rear. Having odd or off pressures is dangerous and you could be seriously injured or killed if you loose control.

When checking pressure it is important to check at what they call the tires "COLD" point. This point would be before you even take it for a small ride around the parking lot. Once the tire starts to roll the pressure builds and will give a over-reading compared to its COLD point.

Honda recommended COLD pressure levels:
    Front: 10 PSI (70 kPa), Under heavy load maintain 10 PSI in front tires.
    Rear: 12 PSI (80 kPa), Under heavy load maxim 18 PSI (120 kPa)

Have fun and stay safe.

3. atvsnowman

atvsnowman New Member

I run 10 in my ATV now. It calls for 4 I think. So I'm sure 12 will not be enough for me.