P700 tire rod replacements

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
so im going to be doing a little fabbing on my portal brackets. and as always you have to have a breaking point /flex point. with the added stress of steering with bigger tires and wider stance i figured id alter my steering arm on portal bracket reduce steering angle and decrease steering pressure needed without going to power steering. after going to every little shop around 2 towns close to me. u finally found the thread size and pitch and will be replacing with rod ends m14x1.5 with 14 mm hole. aka my weak point. the bolt that will be going through the rod ends probably sleeve a smaller bolt so it sheers and just keep a bunch of spares. but here is what i found which is shorter than stock tire rod ends. but a cheap permanent fix.
Steinjager - Universal Rod Ends Metric Female Steel Housing, PTFE Race M14 x 1.50 RH 2 Pack

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
i will have these in and probably mounted with pictures tuesday or wednesday next week hopefully cause i plan on going on ride next weekend.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!