P1000 tire size upgrade

C

cribpro

Dec 11, 2020
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey'all.. I'm sure this question has been asked several times, but I couldn't find out for sure. Looking to go with a 30"
Bighorn on my stock 1000-3.Seems like the Bighorns run a little smaller diam. for the size.Anyone running 30's of any type
on the stock setup? Issues/concerns?
Thanks much

Reactions: TripleB and Isaiah
DrShotgun

DrShotgun

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2020
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey'all.. I'm sure this question has been asked several times, but I couldn't find out for sure. Looking to go with a 30"
Bighorn on my stock 1000-3.Seems like the Bighorns run a little smaller diam. for the size.Anyone running 30's of any type
on the stock setup? Issues/concerns?
Thanks much
On stock suspension the biggest you can run is a true 28” tire. That being said some tires run small like the stock bighorns. There is a thread for true tire size you can search to get and idea of the tire size. If you want to run 30s you need forward a arms.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
As long as you never plan on riding at high elevation. Here in CO., we ride up to 14,000 feet. My buddy put 29s on his rig and had to take them off because he lost so much power. If your doing it because you think it looks cool, don’t.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!