P500 Tire Wheels upgrade Plans - Feedback Requested

J

jwcbf

Dec 9, 2015
Hey Folks, I would appreciate a look at what I plan to do for my P500 Tire/Wheel upgrade. I want to make sure I get it right the first time.

Currently planning to go with 27x9x12 Sedona Coyotes all the way around on ITP steelies 12 in (4/110) with 5+2 offset and 1” spacers on the back. Thinking this will give me close to 52” width.

I am planning to get a spare as well. I am mostly on hard-pack/trails… rocks… and some street in that order. Not much mud.

I have not been able to find a source that has both Tires and Wheels… suggestions? I’m guessing they can’t be purchased/delivered mounted. Any special notes on where to get spacers? Can I reuse my stock lug-nuts?

Thanks

John

Reactions: Isaiah
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I had my tires and wheels shipped already mounted to me by Rocky Mountain ATV/MC They have a tire wheel builder package but when I just tried it they would only let you put 25 inch tire on it. Just call them to explain that you want 27 inch tires instead.

J

jwcbf

Dec 9, 2015
I had my tires and wheels shipped already mounted to me by Rocky Mountain ATV/MC They have a tire wheel builder package but when I just tried it they would only let you put 25 inch tire on it. Just call them to explain that you want 27 inch tires instead.

Thanks 500oneer. I will call them. I forget which but either the tire or wheel/rim was not shown as available when I check on their website.

Reactions: Isaiah and 500oneer
J

jwcbf

Dec 9, 2015
I'm reading a couple posts regarding Coyote's running small...

One guy said his 27s measured 25.5 and another 26. I see NitroxDiver measured his at 26.5.

I understand Tire pressure and rim size play a role but anyone have specific experience?

John

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I'm reading a couple posts regarding Coyote's running small...

One guy said his 27s measured 25.5 and another 26. I see NitroxDiver measured his at 26.5.

I understand Tire pressure and rim size play a role but anyone have specific experience?

John
I wonder how everyone measures their tires. I measure my tires aired up to the proper level with no weight on the tires. No tire is going to measure the advertised diameter with the weight of the machine on them.

J

jwcbf

Dec 9, 2015
I Spoke with Sedona and in short they said that their tires measure true to size on a 7" rim at 8psi unloaded (not supporting the weight of the atv/utv).

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
LOVE my 27s! Better traction, clearance and ride quality. And oh yeah, looks!
Enjoy . . .

20200414 162735

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!