Tires for creek riding???

Blaino517

Blaino517

Aug 28, 2014
Prairieville Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I'm looking to get some wheels and tires for my pioneer, it will be used at a Hunting camp so I don't want anything to aggressive but I'm looking for mainly a decent tire for creek riding/wet sand... Any info on what tire and size and all???

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
there is alot of good choices out there the pioneer handles and drives really good with radials maxxis bighorns are a tried and true tire i personally like pitbull tires i have growlers on one and rockers on the other i run the 25.5 in alot of people like going with 26in or 27in with the pitbulls they run about an inch tall in size they are american made and are a premium tire check them out i would go with radials no matter what flavor of tire you choose they just work better on the pioneer

Blaino517

Blaino517

Aug 28, 2014
Prairieville Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks, I do like the bighorns but I wasn't sure about how they would do in the creek sand? And I was looking to go with the 26" or 27" if the pioneer could pull them, not looking for speed but just concerned with some of the hills and also with pulling through the sand

Blaino517

Blaino517

Aug 28, 2014
Prairieville Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
And I was also interested in the efx moto mtc tires, they look pretty similar to the bighorns but a little more aggressive??

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
bighorns work great in sand im not sure on the moto mtc tires from what i have read they are very heavy and take lots of power to pull i wouldnt go over 26 in on the bighorns cause they run big also take a look at pitbulls the growlers in 26in are less money than bighorns in 26in

Blaino517

Blaino517

Aug 28, 2014
Prairieville Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Looks like I'll probly end up going with the 26" bighorns! Now I gotta decide on what rims to get... Thanks for the help

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
26 bighorns are a great choice they amaze me with their traction. I kept the stock wheels the aftermarket are going to make the tires stick out further and hit you with a lot more mud and over spray.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!