sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
any techniques if you don't have a spring compressor?

Reactions: Ragnar406
sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, took the wheel off and unbolted the lower mount. It’s a tough job, but thought about using large channel lock pliers after using a hammer and punch to get the first side done. MUCH easier.

I’m at 2” from top of the spring plate, not the lock nut, to the bottom of the black housing. Had to bounce and settle to get out of the garage. I was at 3/4” to 1”.

Thanks for the help guys. We’ll see how it goes on the ride in tomorrow morning chasing thunder chickens!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragnar406
sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I didn't bottom out, but it sure is more bouncy now. Didn't have much of a load in the bed.

Very well may need to decrease to 1.75", but will load it up and see how it goes.

Thanks again guys

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Well, I didn't bottom out, but it sure is more bouncy now. Didn't have much of a load in the bed.

Very well may need to decrease to 1.75", but will load it up and see how it goes.

Thanks again guys
I’m hitting with the lift off... and I think my ride is worse.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
any techniques if you don't have a spring compressor?
I found taking the shock off and using a wrench like this works well. almost no room to work with the shock still on the machine

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GOSI6BQ/?tag=sxsweb24-20
Upload 2019 4 18 15 11 4

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, I have 30" (actual 29" at 14 psi) BFG Mud-Terrain KM3 UTV tires. I have SATV offset A-arms front and back.

I scrub the rear if I have any speed and hit a hole, dip, etc. I have Fox Shocks with approx 3/4" preload and run on 2 all the time.

Is the best way to improve this with adding more preload?
Other options and ideas greatly appreciated

Get a heat gun and a softball. Heat the spot it rubs push it in with the softball hold till it cools and your done.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
So, I have 30" (actual 29" at 14 psi) BFG Mud-Terrain KM3 UTV tires. I have SATV offset A-arms front and back.

I scrub the rear if I have any speed and hit a hole, dip, etc. I have Fox Shocks with approx 3/4" preload and run on 2 all the time.

Is the best way to improve this with adding more preload?
Other options and ideas greatly appreciated

What brand and size wheels are you using? Are you running spacers?

Thanks!

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What brand and size wheels are you using? Are you running spacers?

Thanks!

I'm running stock wheels and I have 1" spacers on the rear. Will go to 1.5" likely as per my measurements I'm still about 0.5" narrower on the rear.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!