P500 tires wheels and spacers

illinoisdave

illinoisdave

Feb 8, 2016
southern illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
i have run swamplites for about 2 years now and havent had any issues. i have 27 X 9 X 12 on front and 27 X 10 X 12 on back on ITP SS216 wheels with 5 + 2 spacing. i have a small amount of rub at full lock on the steering and suspension bottomed out in tight spots. they have some wear on the tread but nothing i wouldnt expect after 2 years. i mainly ride trails with some gravel/ oil roads. the only place i have had trouble was very deep sticky mud that would clog up treads unless i keep wheel speed up. i am upgrading to 29.5 X 10 X 12 all the way around. i got the tires on and as expected they rub the frame at the front spots, i installed 2" wheel spacers all the way around and now tires hit the inner fender about 3-4" up from the bottom. is this normal? i have ordered the 3" lift kit from Outkast Fabworx to rectify this problem.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
i have run swamplites for about 2 years now and havent had any issues. i have 27 X 9 X 12 on front and 27 X 10 X 12 on back on ITP SS216 wheels with 5 + 2 spacing. i have a small amount of rub at full lock on the steering and suspension bottomed out in tight spots. they have some wear on the tread but nothing i wouldnt expect after 2 years. i mainly ride trails with some gravel/ oil roads. the only place i have had trouble was very deep sticky mud that would clog up treads unless i keep wheel speed up. i am upgrading to 29.5 X 10 X 12 all the way around. i got the tires on and as expected they rub the frame at the front spots, i installed 2" wheel spacers all the way around and now tires hit the inner fender about 3-4" up from the bottom. is this normal? i have ordered the 3" lift kit from Outkast Fabworx to rectify this problem.
I think I seen somewhere that people are using a heat gun to bend the inner fender in to help for clearance.

Reactions: Dp5hunter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!