Title Question

Trademark

Trademark

Jun 18, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I paid off my loan financed through Honda. Will they mail me a release for the title, or how does that work?

Reactions: Wallace and TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Does AR require titles for SxS's?

NC does not, all I got was a notarized pay-off letter.
I already had the certificate of origin when I bought it.

If you are in need of a payed-off notice, they can email you one if you give them a call.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Call and ask the title clerk in the dealership where you bought it.

The answer depends on state laws in your state and whether the dealership collected and paid sales tax, title fee, and registration fees for you or did not.

WV titles UTVs and allows register if street legal, insured, and inspected. When I bought my P1k last December the dealership installed the street legal lighting kit and collected sales tax, and title fees but did not collect registration fees because I had to complete street legal equipment installation (rear view mirrors) and obtain a state vehicle inspection certificate/decal before it could be registered.

I installed the mirrors and obtained the state inspection within weeks and called the dealership title clerk. They had not yet filed because everything was backed up at WVDMV so I sent proof of inspection and paid the registration fee by credit card over the phone. A short time later I received the title and registration from WVDMV.

Trademark

Trademark

Jun 18, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
You will receive a lien release letter and the title in the mail from Honda. just paid mine off a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks, this is what I was thinking. The dealership gave me the title when I bought it but I knew I couldn't just sign that over to the guy I sold it to. He's in Louisiana and needs it to pay sales tax on it. I'll be checking the mail for it.

Reactions: Wallace
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, this is what I was thinking. The dealership gave me the title when I bought it but I knew I couldn't just sign that over to the guy I sold it to. He's in Louisiana and needs it to pay sales tax on it. I'll be checking the mail for it.
Just my opinion ...... being from La., I would NEVER buy one used from an individual and then volunteer to pay sales tax on it! The only legit reason would be to reg it, in order to ride public roads in some out of state locations. There are VERY few place you can legally ride public roads in La.

Trademark

Trademark

Jun 18, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just my opinion ...... being from La., I would NEVER buy one used from an individual and then volunteer to pay sales tax on it! The only legit reason would be to reg it, in order to ride public roads in some out of state locations. There are VERY few place you can legally ride public roads in La.
I wouldn't either. But I had it for sale and he wanted the title with it, so the title he will get.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!