P1000m5 To Deluxe or not to Deluxe, that is the question.

Deluxe or not Deluxe

• Total voters
Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
I guess the only difference is the Plastic Panels, Tires & Wheels, & LED headlights. I had it in my head the base 5 seater didn't have power steering.
View attachment 9624

Yup, and here we are. Is it really worth it? For me of course. Additionally, I may be a little stuck on MSRP right now. Gotta suck it up with the California emissions change. Likely the reason for the price difference over here. Or, just wait for the supply to catch up a bit.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
My .02....I went with the 3seater eps. I loved the deluxe and 5 seater option but knew that I would probably not use it much or at all. I have 3 boys but none of them really want to be a passenger, they want to drive something themselves (so they have Honda trx90 4-wheelers) so the 5-seater was just gonna be more mechanisms to have issues with while putting dirt and rocks in the bed and inclosing it was gonna cost more than the 3-seater. I also was going to want different rims and bigger tires so didn't need factory wheel setup. All this added up to me paying a lot for the LED headlights which I do like but can add later. My local dealer sold it to me for $14,100 and $15xxx something (I can't remember without looking) out the door. After having it for bit now I can say it was the right decision for me. Whatever one you deside on you will love it....this things rocks! Drive it like you stole it and don't look back!!:D

Reactions: Itsalljake
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well if you end up paying 20K even on the left coast make sure they do a rape kit on you. Shouldn't be more than 17K with CA/USSR tax rates for just the machine.

Reminds me of a Ronald Regan joke:
Its hard to get an automobile in the soviet union. They are owned mainly by elite bureaucrats.
It takes an average of 10 years to get a car. 1 out of 7 families owned automobiles.
You have to go through a major process and put the money out in advance.
So this man did this and the dealer said "okay in 10 years come get your car."
"Morning or afternoon?" The man replied.
"Well what difference does it make?" Said the dealer.
"The plumber is coming in the morning."

Ironically, I experienced this joke in life :)
God bless America!

Reactions: JACKAL
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No :), my dad end up giving away his turn to his younger brother, bought used car from his sister, who bought new using my grandpa turn in waiting line. He let me drive it and I hit a gate pole :) (missed brake pedal and pushed gas instead), he was crying that day . But at least it showed him what he really bought (it was rusty as hell and painted over those rusty fenders) from his sister and how greedy and manipulating unfair they were to his older brother. I thought I was a messenger from above to open his eyes :)

Reactions: JACKAL
Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
Probably would have better luck with a 2hr. drive into AZ, it also depends on how many they are sitting on hand & how long. If they are sitting on 20+ in a warehouse they would probably rather move them vs. a dealer who has 1 or 2 plays the old better get it before its gone routine. Not to worry Mr. Salesman they build them everyday, eventually the smart ones learn its better to make $400 profit than no sale at all just can't be easy pickin's. If a dealer is fairly straight forward with me to begin with not trying to tell me some story of this or that which I know isn't true I will pay a few dollars more just out of respect for their integrity of being truthful & not padding the sale, some members here have even been propositioned with 5 yr / $2500 service plans - that will buy a crap load of oil n filters and its only required every 1200 miles. You would have to drive 15K miles a years to even think about making that worth your while.

Just for the heck of it, I checked AZ. Same prices as CA. $17,199 MSRP

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look for the largest volume dealers within a reasonable drive. You'll usually get your best deal there.
If you know you are planning on aftermarket, wheels, tires, and lights, then I can't see why you would pay extra for the deluxe.
I paid the extra because I figured I'd be content with the deluxe wheel/tire combo and the led headlights. So far I'm good with the wheels and tires. I did add a light bar and cubes pointed out at 45d angles. The deluxe leds are more like spots and don't provide much flood to the sides, but they light up the area in front remarkably well.

Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
I think I've made my decision. Thank you for the discourse gentlemen. Given that I'm going to get scr3w3d on price on my location due to volume of sales and ships, I'm bound to get more leeway on the 1000-5. Rims? I know I'll want to upgrade, I'll barely get enough seat time to wear down the Stockers. Fortunately when I do I got the wealth of info from this site to know what to buy. Guessing my first mod will be adding lights so I'm not concerned about the LED headlight. Silver would be soooooo cool, but after I dive through more trees like I did this weekend, they'd be pretty sad by the end of the day. So I'll have an extra grand to throw at the Hardtop, split window, lights and warranty. I will covet you Deluxe owners from afar, but one day, my beast will grow strong. Thanks again guys, so much help on this site.

Last edited:
Reactions: ua13gt
Tabascojunkie

Tabascojunkie

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 25, 2016
SE Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I've made my decision. Thank you for the discourse gentlemen. Given that I'm going to get scr3w3d on price on my location due to volume of sales and ships, I'm bound to get more leeway on the 1000-5. Rims? I know I'll want to upgrade, I'll barely get enough seat time to wear down the Stockers. Fortunately when I do I got the wealth of info from this site to know what to buy. Guessing my first mod will be adding lights so I'm not concerned about the LED headlight. Silver would be soooooo cool, but after I dive through more trees like I did this weekend, they'd be pretty sad by the end of the day. So I'll have an extra grand to throw at the Hardtop, split window, lights and warranty. I will covet you Deluxe owners from afar, but one day, my beast will grow strong. Thanks again guys, so much help on this site.

You'll be happy with it nonetheless!! Happy trails...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!