To Powder Coat or not...

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Just picked up my A arm guards and am contemplating powder coat or good 'ol fashion spray can. I know that powder coat should last longer, but touch up is almost non existent. Your thoughts? Also, I am thinking gloss black but the misses believes red would look nice (a fashion thing). Has anyone painted their guards to match the utv color? If so we would be interested in your opinion!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Which guards did you get?
I know the Honda one's had a very rough texture to them. I felt like if I did not get them power coated then they would stain.

Let me do some Photoshop magic and get back with you in a few.

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Went with the OEM guards. Upon review of recent posts, did not want to have to drill or modify in anyway. thank you!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ok, Here is some quick work of it. A bit sloppy but you get the idea. I could not find a pic where you could see the front hood and the guards.

I am a fan of black.

FYI, I will be buying a set of aftermarket ones before summer. Just waiting to see what else comes about.

Attachments

• s.jpg
    s.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 467
I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Black it is! Much appreciated!

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Powder coat for sure, you will be glad you did. It will hold up way better. If you spray can it will be removing them a a lot to repaint them.

B

b4hntn

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2013
texashuntinglease.com
My Universal Parts one came with a plastic coating. I peeled it off, sprayed with Kilz then the next day gloss black. Then another coat.

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
b4hntn said:
My Universal Parts one came with a plastic coating. I peeled it off, sprayed with Kilz then the next day gloss black. Then another coat.

Are you satisfied with the finish?

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
What on average how much are all paying for powdercoat?

advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I had a friend who owed me a favor do mine. So.. It was free.
I asked how much normally. Said, In the new condition like they are, and ready to go in, $25 a set if I was not in a rush.
Im sure it will be more then that if you don't know then.

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Was just quoted 10 bucks apiece... not too bad I will go that route!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!