Todd's Wildcat Build

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but that Wildcat Trail is hotter and louder than a P5. Remove the seats and you're looking at the engine. You're also looking at the skidplate. You'll get better suspension and more power but it's severely lacking in cab comfort. Very minimal plastics between you and the drivetrain. Good news is there's a fix for it.
You are right about heat and noise. I ended up buying a 2015 Wildcat sport, the suspension and HP and easy speed and power steering and larger tires and and and..... are awesome, but the previous owner removed the cat from the muffler, so it's noisier than stock, and the heat is something that has to be fixed before next summer. It's nice in the winter, I have the full cab so I appreciate it now, and can put the windows down if it gets too warm. It has the extra heat shields from AC, but it's still too hot in the summer. I'm thinking of installing an exhaust fan where the spark plug access cover is, the guys say that makes quite a difference.

Was out for a run with a bunch of guys and we came across an old army airfield, so we fanned out and gave her. The Talon won, at 120 kph, my kitty cat was second at 105 (indicated), the others machines seems to top out at 80 kph. It's nice to not be last anymore, and to not beat myself to death on rough trails.

Wildcat2

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You are right about heat and noise. I ended up buying a 2015 Wildcat sport, the suspension and HP and easy speed and power steering and larger tires and and and..... are awesome, but the previous owner removed the cat from the muffler, so it's noisier than stock, and the heat is something that has to be fixed before next summer. It's nice in the winter, I have the full cab so I appreciate it now, and can put the windows down if it gets too warm. It has the extra heat shields from AC, but it's still too hot in the summer. I'm thinking of installing an exhaust fan where the spark plug access cover is, the guys say that makes quite a difference.

Was out for a run with a bunch of guys and we came across an old army airfield, so we fanned out and gave her. The Talon won, at 120 kph, my kitty cat was second at 105 (indicated), the others machines seems to top out at 80 kph. It's nice to not be last anymore, and to not beat myself to death on rough trails.

View attachment 311148
I've never noticed the heat in the wildcat but we don't have a full windshield. With the stock exhaust the machine is pretty quiet too

Reactions: Smitty335
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The wildcat got softer single rate rear springs. Won't have much time to ride it before our Mack Pines trip in March but hopefully it'll be better.

Before
PXL 20220129 211710373

PXL 20220129 214004870

Same ride height and about half the preload without any coil bind
PXL 20220129 224221278

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!