P1000 Too much for dual battery?

R

Reddmann

May 10, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I posted this in a Facebook group earlier. Just getting all the advice I can.
“On a dual battery setup, I’m thinking of running 4 gauge wire with inline fuse from 2nd battery to stinger solenoid. Then 4 gauge wire with inline fuse from stinger to fuse block to power accessories. Running a dash switch to turn the stinger on and off so I won’t need to use the key. I’m posting a picture below of a fuse holder. Someone gave me 2 of these fuse holders and some 60 amp round fuses that fit them. Are these adequate fuse holders and are 60 amp fuses enough/too much? Do I need to use both of these inline fuses in the places I mentioned? Thanks in advance for any comments...”
261335CF FCB3 43F5 A1D4 08991E905A05

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That will work.
But there is no need for both so close in line.
If you have the common stinger it can handle 80a's so passing 61 amps thought it would be fine.

Reactions: wrhii and Reddmann
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
We generally use those in car audio but they'll work the same for your application. Hondasxs is right that having two of them in the same line does no good, if overloaded then one will pop and kill the current. The only issue you might have is cooking it too often and you might have to step up the amperage on the fuse.

Reactions: Reddmann

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!