Torque Spec for rear Trailing Arms

G

Garyjean

Mar 21, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I recently installed a Rear Hitch, and i am looking for the Factory Torque Spec for the Trailing Arms. I have seen several videos where they state "good and tight", however i would prefer to bring it back to factory torque spec.

Reactions: TxDoc
G

Garyjean

Mar 21, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
FYI I contacted Honda Direct, and they are recommending 58 ft/lbs for the Talon X4, this is quite a bit lower than standard torque for that Bolt size

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
FYI I contacted Honda Direct, and they are recommending 58 ft/lbs for the Talon X4, this is quite a bit lower than standard torque for that Bolt size

Go tighter. Those trailing arm bolts like to wallow out the holes in the frame and when they do its a pain in the azz to fix them. Raceco-USA makes a brace kit specifically to prevent that.

Reactions: CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Go tighter. Those trailing arm bolts like to wallow out the holes in the frame and when they do its a pain in the azz to fix them. Raceco-USA makes a brace kit specifically to prevent that.
@Lil_Steve @Boundertom

Reactions: Lil_Steve
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Those guys both have the wallowed out trailing arm hole problem?
Not that I know of but I've ridden with both of them and wanted them to be aware of the potential problem. 👍

A

adudes

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I looked in the Honda factory service manual, spec is 58 ft/lbs

pete_plp

pete_plp

Feb 15, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I looked in the Honda factory service manual, spec is 58 ft/lbs
Happy Friday! Would you have the link to the manual? Im looking for a few torque specs like break caliper nuts etc. Thanks

H

HondaTech

I believe he is referring to the rear radius rods, not trailing arms, since he installed a hitch.

But yes, the front trailing arm holes are an issue and the braces Jamie sells are the ticket for preventing it.

Reactions: Remington and CID
A

adudes

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Happy Friday! Would you have the link to the manual? Im looking for a few torque specs like break caliper nuts etc. Thanks
I do not have a link. I bought a paper copy of the manual.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!