BOX1

towing mpg advice

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
take your windsheild off. havent towed mine with the wind sheild on in yrs. just got a half honda one usually tow between 55-80 depending on where im going and the roads so my mpg is usually 14-18mpg. just with the half one on. dropped to 11-14 depending on my speed.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

J

JTW

take your windsheild off. havent towed mine with the wind sheild on in yrs. just got a half honda one usually tow between 55-80 depending on where im going and the roads so my mpg is usually 14-18mpg. just with the half one on. dropped to 11-14 depending on my speed.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
If you’re worried about mpg when towing, then just slow down. Otherwise, truck on!

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've found having the roof off, windshield off, window nets rolled up and back seats folded down all help with fuel economy and the trailer catching wind gusts

Reactions: Backwoods
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Dometimes its on , sometimes its off when i tow . I have noticed a slight difference but the Honda one is so quick to snap on and off it only takes a minute.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Windshield on effects me a couple at freeway speed. Everything from the cab hits it. If going long distance I usually pull it, roof seems to have no effect

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I couldn't care less about fuel economy, we drive trucks to work and not get 25mpg.
As long as the truck can safely tow whatever is behind it I stop if I need to fuel up and otherwise I keep moving.
I tow everything from tiny 6X10 utility trailers to a 36 ft tri-axle gooseneck or a stock trailer with Clydesdales in it for 4-H fair and not once have I ever worried about fuel economy.
If you want to achieve a certain goal it will take a certain amount of effort and work.
Fuel is the price to pay.
The only way to avoid paying for fuel is to pay someone else to move things for you.
This really blocked the wind but we wanted to go play.

Towtruck

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I couldn't care less about fuel economy, we drive trucks to work and not get 25mpg.
As long as the truck can safely tow whatever is behind it I stop if I need to fuel up and otherwise I keep moving.
I tow everything from tiny 6X10 utility trailers to a 36 ft tri-axle gooseneck or a stock trailer with Clydesdales in it for 4-H fair and not once have I ever worried about fuel economy.
If you want to achieve a certain goal it will take a certain amount of effort and work.
Fuel is the price to pay.
The only way to avoid paying for fuel is to pay someone else to move things for you.
This really blocked the wind but we wanted to go play.

View attachment 176859
I get 14 mpg pulling this 28 ft with 16 ft behind it
c881e9585abfa565e3d2d20bca132d92.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I watch mine here and there for 1 to make sure nothing in the engine is changing. And to see if little things can. Save me a few bucks. Im going to do it no matter. But if you are why not go the cheapest route.

Reactions: Glock21user and JTW
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Have you considered the New Tesla truck?? I hear good things..

You fittin to get dem alphabet boiz roiled up on this thread too. Strutting around with their best Church Lady superior dance and all demonizing you knuckle daggers. :p

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I watch mine here and there for 1 to make sure nothing in the engine is changing. And to see if little things can. Save me a few bucks. Im going to do it no matter. But if you are why not go the cheapest route.

Most certainly, keep doing what works for you.
You for certain have solid reasons to keep it up, please don't think I was knocking anyone for watching mileage I most certainly am not.
As for me it wouldn't make any difference as I am hauling something on average 80 out if every 100 miles.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!