Multi Toyhaulers

Vaden01

Vaden01

Jul 4, 2018
Callahan, FL.
Ownership

1. 500
s***.. if you keep this up, by morning you’ll be paying someone to take it! I call dibs by the way!
Lol my first post i hit the 7 instead of the 6. Clown fingers can be tough to type with!!

Reactions: JTW
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Wasn’t bad. Traffic was stop and go and went from 3 to 2 lanes. We were at the end of the merge zone and traffic had started moving. A BMW tried to come around the left side of me. I glanced in the rear view to check on it and when I looked forward traffic was stopped. I was going less than 10 Mph and needed another 10 inches or so (or the trailer brakes not locking up) to stop

The damage

View attachment 83499

View attachment 83500

I pushed the heep about 6 inches down the road. I believe my right tow hook is what destroyed the reflector on the heep. I had er locked down hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got home last night and finished unloading today. My Andersen Ultimate hitch may be a casualty as it is racked a bit (see pics below) and the bed floor where the front of the Andersen rests is dented / crushed

Bbaee2abd4502512a5c120390dbc1d17

66f3467d30b016549f0fd4b7a11e26c2
^ hard to tell but there is some dimpling in the diagonal square tube

1ea38ab0331c0d0ba013c14b912b88c9

92b3163b84946a809dfeae9b489d3a81

Amazing thing is with a retorquing this thing continued to work fine. Guess I’ll be calling Andersen and getting their opinion tomorrow. Somehow I see a B&W Companion or Reese Goose Box in my near future ....

Reactions: Plumber32
Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would think that the metal is compromised. I would not use that again. Stressed and could fail easier. Just my guess. I do have the Andersen and love it.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got home last night and finished unloading today. My Andersen Ultimate hitch may be a casualty as it is racked a bit (see pics below) and the bed floor where the front of the Andersen rests is dented / crushed

View attachment 83888

View attachment 83889

View attachment 83890

View attachment 83891

Amazing thing is with a retorquing this thing continued to work fine. Guess I’ll be calling Andersen and getting their opinion tomorrow. Somehow I see a B&W Companion or Reese Goose Box in my near future ....

What’s the advantages of an above the bed type goose neck, I’ve only ever seen the flip down/ hide a ball types. Been thinking about getting one on my truck at some point

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I would think that the metal is compromised. I would not use that again. Stressed and could fail easier. Just my guess. I do have the Andersen and love it.

You are correct. Andersen is replacing at no cost to me. Bigger issue is the ribs of the bed are partially crushed under the front edge of the Andersen. I may have to go a different route ...

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Or replace the bed but that probably means an insurance claim and you may be wanting to avoid that. How much is it off. Could it safely be shimmed?

The advantages to the Andersen are 1. It is about 150 lbs lighter than a standard hitch. 2. It has less slop. 3. Is is not as noisy. 4. I does not have the chunking that a standard hitch has. It is smooth and quiet.

I just broke the orange "cone" on mine and Andersen sent me one free to the RV camp I was staying. It took about 20 minutes to replace it.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have ordered a Goose Box. Will try to sell the Andersen. I believe that the crushing of the aluminum bed floor might be a recurring issue

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mine mounts on the standard rails so it is probably different.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have one that mounts to the Gooseneck ball

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Or replace the bed but that probably means an insurance claim and you may be wanting to avoid that. How much is it off. Could it safely be shimmed?

The advantages to the Andersen are 1. It is about 150 lbs lighter than a standard hitch. 2. It has less slop. 3. Is is not as noisy. 4. I does not have the chunking that a standard hitch has. It is smooth and quiet.

I just broke the orange "cone" on mine and Andersen sent me one free to the RV camp I was staying. It took about 20 minutes to replace it.
You are correct. Andersen is replacing at no cost to me. Bigger issue is the ribs of the bed are partially crushed under the front edge of the Andersen. I may have to go a different route ...

I love the Anderson hitch. It allows the trailer to move better and is so smooth and quiet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wasn’t bad. Traffic was stop and go and went from 3 to 2 lanes. We were at the end of the merge zone and traffic had started moving. A BMW tried to come around the left side of me. I glanced in the rear view to check on it and when I looked forward traffic was stopped. I was going less than 10 Mph and needed another 10 inches or so (or the trailer brakes not locking up) to stop

The damage

View attachment 83499

View attachment 83500

I pushed the heep about 6 inches down the road. I believe my right tow hook is what destroyed the reflector on the heep. I had er locked down hard

Had I known you were nearby, I'd have bought you lunch. I live near that Assvile town...

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Had I known you were nearby, I'd have bought you lunch. I live near that Assvile town...

Thanks man. My mother lives in Brevard and I’ll be in Assville as you put it next week to be with her as she undergoes some surgery

Reactions: 100Acre
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've had 3 gooseneck under the bed pop-ups that bolt directly to the frame. No contact with the bed. They worked perfectly pulling horse trailers, campers and flatbed heavy machinery trailers. I think all three were Reese. Never had any issues, and I used mine hard pulling backhoe around all the time.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I've had 3 gooseneck under the bed pop-ups that bolt directly to the frame. No contact with the bed. They worked perfectly pulling horse trailers, campers and flatbed heavy machinery trailers. I think all three were Reese. Never had any issues, and I used mine hard pulling backhoe around all the time.

The Andersen attaches to my B&W turnover ball. I am changing to a goose box that will connect directly to the ball.

The Andersen raises the attachment point and utilizes an adapter on the OE pin box

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sorry, but I really don't care much for Asheville. It used to be a great little mountain town but now it's a Mecca for lost people and libtards

Agreed 1000%

Reactions: 100Acre
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 83888

View attachment 83889

View attachment 83890

View attachment 83891

Sorry to hear about your troubles. At least everyone was okay.

I have the steel version in my 16 F350 and have made a handful of panic stops pulling my Fiver plus the enclosed trailer without issue. Never tagged anyone yet.

Reactions: Vaden01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!