Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
If your gonna roll with a single axel trailer, make sure it has a decent sized tire and axel. Any thing smaller than a 15” tire is going to have a ton of bounce.

Those cheap 6x10 trailers with wire mesh floors and narrow 12” tires aren’t going to last long, trailer like crap, and jounce the tar outta your UTV.

When those little 12” China bombs go at 65 mph, its quite the mess!

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am running a tandem 83"x18' Big Tex 70PI-X (2 3500# axles).
I went with the wider size to accommodate ATVs sideways on the trailer. The 18' trailer will haul two ATVs sideways up front with my P1k5 in back. I was a little worried about being too heavily loaded in the back but it pulls great w/o any sway.

So far I am really happy with this trailer.

If i was just going to pull 1 SXS i maybe would have gone with a shorter and skinnier trailer, but i still would have went tandem

Reactions: EMAW and JenElio
S

Sunshine

Sep 30, 2020
Sudbury ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would borrow my brothers 7 foot x 12 foot single axle trailer with 15 inch tires to haul my 1000 5p to camp and back twice a year. I found too much of a bounce with a single axle. The 5p is just shy of 2000 lbs on its own. I am just finishing up on a 70 inch x 14 foot dually/drop axle trailer. That extra drop with the axles helps with ramp length and for steeping up onto the trailer easier. I have used other dual axle trailers before and love them. Cost is a bit more, but well worth it. How many times have you seen trailers over-loaded with multiple toys and gear on single axles.

IMG 1327 IMG 1328

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am running a tandem 83"x18' Big Tex 70PI-X (2 3500# axles).
I went with the wider size to accommodate ATVs sideways on the trailer. The 18' trailer will haul two ATVs sideways up front with my P1k5 in back. I was a little worried about being too heavily loaded in the back but it pulls great w/o any sway.

So far I am really happy with this trailer.

If i was just going to pull 1 SXS i maybe would have gone with a shorter and skinnier trailer, but i still would have went tandem
That's the exact trailer I've got, been to Tennessee / RRB twice, New Mexico, Colorado once and all over Arkansas, been in a wreck that totaled out my truck, the head on variety. I ordered with LED lights, really like how bright at night driving in the rain they are. There are several good trails MGF'S out there and Big Tex is one of them. If you order one, there 10 to 12 weeks out due to an axel shortage according to the dealer I bought mine from.

S

Sunshine

Sep 30, 2020
Sudbury ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was lucky and purchased my axles, tires, hardware, led lights etc over a year ago. Bad thing was the steel I purchased in August was old stock because of shortage due to Co-vid here in Canada. Had to do more grinding that I wanted. All in all I used 4 inch channel for my main frame and 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 3/16ths for the crossers. Should be on the road this week.

IvanGirderboot

IvanGirderboot

Lifetime Member
Sep 13, 2020
Greater Denver Area, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I could not find anything local that I liked for my new P1k5, so I personally ended up custom ordering a PJ trailers 14'x77" tandem axle trailer, with electric brakes on both axles, heavy duty ramp, and extra welded tie-down points. Up here in the Colorado mountains, every extra bit of stability and braking is a godsend. With the single axle trailers I found most of them near the GVWR with the trailer + Pioneer alone, and I wanted the extra cargo capacity for camping.

Also will be useful for the Home Depot runs....

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I could not find anything local that I liked for my new P1k5, so I personally ended up custom ordering a PJ trailers 14'x77" tandem axle trailer, with electric brakes on both axles, heavy duty ramp, and extra welded tie-down points. Up here in the Colorado mountains, every extra bit of stability and braking is a godsend. With the single axle trailers I found most of them near the GVWR with the trailer + Pioneer alone, and I wanted the extra cargo capacity for camping.

I have the PJ 8314 Tandem and it works really well. I had a 7712 but wanted the extra length to maybe haul a full size atv with the UTV. I went to buy a single axle but on the way I saw a guy that tows like myself, with the utv trailer behind a camp trailer. The guy blow a tire on the utv trailer and from the skid marks it looked like it was a wild ride to get everything stopped. Right then and there I decided I would dish-out the extra money for the tandem. I figured the weight of the utv would be pushing the limit of the single axle as it was, and a atv on front would definetly push it over. I'm very happy with my upgrade and the PJ trailers are built very well. If anyone is in the market for a trailer look at how far the tongue goes under the trailer and ask yourself if I really want my kids ridding along with a Homedepot wreck behind me hauling my $15k+ machine. Spend the extra money and get a good one.

advertisement
H

HondaSXS1343

Aug 15, 2020
US

I had a 12' single axle and it bounced quite a bit, plus I knew I was near the GVWR now looking for a tandem. I plan on visiting family 14+ hrs away and would prefer something that has a smoother ride to it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing
D

Dead_Eye

Apr 23, 2020
Dixie
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fact. My disc's just hang off the back a tad.

An extra 2' would be nice.

R

Rottiedog

Oct 4, 2020
Boulder, CO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello Folks,
I am planning to carry a 1000-5 in a dual axel trailer I already have it is 6ft. X 12ft. Would anyone know if this will be acceptable or would I need a different trailer? Thanks

Reactions: JenElio
JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
This is what I have! It's a "Big Tex" MC35, a Motor cycle trailer that I use to haul Heavy Touring Bikes Such as Honda Goldwing 1800cc and a Harley Toujring Bike. I have 2 or 3 Condor wheel chock brackets for Bike and 2 EZ Trac mounts for the rear Tires to strap down. It is as shown single a 3500 lbs axles and works Great! There is additional room to mount a storage Box in front SXS that I have for extra parts, riding gear such as Helmets gloves and riding suits for cold weather and Rain gear. The tongue has a storage box for straps, a Jack and Jack stands if needed plus other things. I have hauled this trailer to Colorado a few times with 2 Bikes and to South Texas a few times. This trailer is Ideal for my 700/4 and trails great with easy loading ramp gate and rock protection. It's been the best helper trailer for me! If I were to replace, I would get Aluminum and Dual axle. but this is what I have!

Thumbnail 2

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hello Folks,
I am planning to carry a 1000-5 in a dual axel trailer I already have it is 6ft. X 12ft. Would anyone know if this will be acceptable or would I need a different trailer? Thanks
The Honda spec shows the 1000-5 is 116.8" long (9.733'). It should easily fit on a 12' trailer (144").

Scroll down and click on Dimensions -

Reactions: bullyx and JenElio
TumaloKeith

TumaloKeith

Jul 28, 2020
Powell Butte
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I installed these Cargo Buckles on the front of my PJ Trailer. Super fast and easy to load up, and very sturdy.
I need to adjust the angle a bit. Sorry to segue.

20201009 134833

Reactions: bullyx and Mudwing
C

Corey555

Aug 15, 2020
Columbus, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have an Aluma 7212 (72” x 12’) single axle (3500lb) with slide out ramp for my 1000-5. I drive about an hour trip normally in very hilly winding roads with no problems so far with sway. It tows very well and I can easily move it in my driveway and garage by hand. The SxS fits well, but wouldn’t really hold much more (maybe small dirt bike and/or some camping gear. I’m going to mount Macs tire straps and quick release mounts to it to speed up on/off loading.

Reactions: bullyx
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!