Trailer loading

E

EC130

May 7, 2021
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello. Not sure if this is the right place to ask or not but here it goes. Can someone tell me if a 2019 P500 and a 2022 P700-4 will fit on an 8.5’ by 16’ trailer? I am thinking of loading the P500 at the front from the side and then the 700 loaded from the rear. I don’t currently have either machine or the trailer but the two machines are coming in the next few months. According to each machines dimensions it should be possible. Just wondering if anyone out there has tried the same configuration. Thanks in advance.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Hello. Not sure if this is the right place to ask or not but here it goes. Can someone tell me if a 2019 P500 and a 2022 P700-4 will fit on an 8.5’ by 16’ trailer? I am thinking of loading the P500 at the front from the side and then the 700 loaded from the rear. I don’t currently have either machine or the trailer but the two machines are coming in the next few months. According to each machines dimensions it should be possible. Just wondering if anyone out there has tried the same configuration. Thanks in advance.

My math says it will but then there's real world dimensions and strapping them down. 🤷‍♂️

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
It may fit, and just barely. You would probably benefit from a 20ft trailer so you have room for larger machines down the road and room for gas cans, etc. Example two Pioneer 1000's fit nicely on a 22ft trailer.

Almost every person who has tried the smallest trailer possible method has regrets within 6 months.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I don’t currently have either machine or the trailer but the two machines are coming in the next few months.
Are your familiar with Rule #4?
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
so post em up of those machines when you get them.

To answer your question, Negative!
it wont work. Too tight And a horrible balance in the trailer. Tried it with my 16’ trailer with my P1 and P5 and no good! The P7 isnt much diff in length as the P1 so the end result will prob be the same. Get a bigger trailer or load the P5 in the truck bed and the P7 on the trailer.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
If the two buggies will barely fit, nothing else will.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So you don’t have the trailer yet?
If you are loading 2 buggy’s plus gear… coolers, gas cans, toolboxes blah blah blah your gonna want the bigger trailer. Easy to load both buggy’s easily with room to spare . Just like @JACKAL and @Remington said been there done that got the bigger trailer.
Can’t wait to see the pics.

E

EC130

May 7, 2021
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks everyone. All valid points. Im in the market of shopping for a trailer. I need something to haul snowmobiles during the winter and the sxs that are coming as well. A 20 plus foot trailer is a beast that would have to live in my driveway(I’m in the city). I can use the box of my truck for cooler gas can and the rest of my gear. I don’t have far to travel to my “off grid camp” its a 50km or 30 or so mile round trip every second weekend. My wife and I are both shift workers. I’ll take my chances with being a 1/2” over the legal width.

Im well aware of the “pics or it never happened“ rule. If I had them they’d be posted. I’ve been lurking around this site for a little while now doing my research.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I have a 24 ft car hauler trailer to carry two Polaris Aces and one Talon X2. One Ace has to be loaded sideways to fit all three. If you only have two machines, buy a trailer long enough to drive them on normally. Side loading is a real pain.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!