Trailer lock suggestions

J

JTW

Tie a pitbull to it! When i was at windrock a guy basically had a shepard for that and it was trained for the flags he set around his setup. As long as you didn't get close to the flags dog never made a peep.
That's funny s***!

J

JTW

Ya know... I hadn't particularly thought about the advancements in lithium batteries...

There's not much you can't get into w a Makita... except maybe a gunsafe.
Have you ever tried to get into a safe? Not much there really. At least on the consumer type "safes"

Reactions: ChadD and sharp
J

Jshell3

Have you ever tried to get into a safe? Not much there really. At least on the consumer type "safes"
No. I have not.
But my buddy has a safe I'd wager will beat the common criminal. No matter what tools he has at his disposal.
I dont know what he paid for it. But im sure it's 1/2 of what he's stashed inside of it. Lol

J

JTW

No. I have not.
But my buddy has a safe I'd wager will beat the common criminal. No matter what tools he has at his disposal.
I dont know what he paid for it. But im sure it's 1/2 of what he's stashed inside of it. Lol
Lol.. what kind is it?

Reactions: ChadD
J

Jshell3

Lol.. what kind is it?
IMG 4639

It's a high end John Deere safe, but I'm pretty sure it's made by Liberty.

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
These are the worst ones I've used. Dad was 30 seconds away from losing a car hauler trailer, guy was backed up to it and already had it cut off. You only have to cut the side where the key goes then it just falls off.

Image jpg39825

Here's the kind we use now. The part that locks it is much harder to get to with a grinder or sawzall.

Amazon.com: Master Lock 379ATPY Universal Trailer Coupler Lock: Automotive

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
The first review on amazon for one of those yellow style locks "We had this on our hitch and a thief was able to get it off without unlocking it and steal our trailer."

I also put a padlock instead of a pin through the coupler when it's actually attached to my truck.

Reactions: Jshell3 and JTW
advertisement
J

JTW

These are the worst ones I've used. Dad was 30 seconds away from losing a car hauler trailer, guy was backed up to it and already had it cut off. You only have to cut the side where the key goes then it just falls off.

View attachment 39854

Here's the kind we use now. The part that locks it is much harder to get to with a grinder or sawzall.

Yeah.. they're not much!

Some of the reviews of that last one didn't give me high hopes..

I've got half a mind to contact some of these different comapnies and have them send me some of each lock to do a torture test review!! I wanna know how difficult each are to pry, knock or cut off!

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yeah.. they're not much!

Some of the reviews of that last one didn't give me high hopes..

I've got half a mind to contact some of these different comapnies and have them send me some of each lock to do a torture test review!! I wanna know how difficult each are to pry, knock or cut off!

Yeah I just read a couple reviews on the one I recommended too. Looks like it can be cut pretty easily.. what's a man to do.

J

JTW

Yeah I just read a couple reviews on the one I recommended too. Looks like it can be cut pretty easily.. what's a man to do.
And that's exactly why I'm asking.. it doesn't do any of us any good what we think if they haven't been "tested"!

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 0816

I took this picture one day because that yellow bic mysteriously showed up there. The trailer was parked in my yard about 75' off the road.. so someone didn't just drop it walking by. Really made me wonder if someone was scouting it out.

Looking at the pic now, it looks like a prepared thief could just unbolt the whole coupler from the trailer and bolt their own on and off they go.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 39854

Thieves are not cutting um
...they spay AC freon...on um
smack with hammer..
Metal shatters...
just sayin

Reactions: ChadD
advertisement