P1000 Trailering with Honda soft upper doors

Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Has anyone ever trailered with these still in place without damaging them? Max speed will be 65mph. I know the Honda soft upper doors have a tag saying not to because damage “could” occur but just wanted to see what the forum has to say. I have the Honda front glass windshield and the Honda hard rear panel with the sliding window if that matters. Thanks!

Last edited:
05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone every trailered with this still in place without damaging them? Max speed will be 65mph. I know the Honda soft upper doors have a tag saying not to because damage “could” occur but just wanted to see what the forum has to say. I have the Honda front glass windshield and the Honda raged rear panel with the sliding window if that matters. Thanks!
I have the Honda glass windshield, Honda soft rear panel and Honda soft uppers. I haul it 60 to 70 MPH with no damage YET. I stress YET. There is a gap between the roof and the rear panel that seems to let air blow in. The uppers seem to bulge out. The Gen 2 upper panel clips keep it from pushing out and getting any air in that way and doing real damage. I am sure the tag is on there just as a cover their butt. Mine seems to haul just fine.

Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have the Honda glass windshield, Honda soft rear panel and Honda soft uppers. I haul it 60 to 70 MPH with no damage YET. I stress YET. There is a gap between the roof and the rear panel that seems to let air blow in. The uppers seem to bulge out. The Gen 2 upper panel clips keep it from pushing out and getting any air in that way and doing real damage. I am sure the tag is on there just as a cover their butt. Mine seems to haul just fine.
“ The Gen 2 upper panel clips keep it from pushing out and getting any air in that way and doing real damage.”

What do you mean by the upper panel clips? And are you talking about the soft upper door panels?

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
My Pioneer 1000-3 has a Honda cab: two-piece poly windshield, hard roof, hard cab back, and fabric upper doors. I trailer it 150 miles round trip to my dealer @ Mineral Wells, WV each time it needs service @ about 65 mph. I've towed it facing forward and facing to the rear. I have not experienced any problems.

I might also point out - top speed of the Honda Pioneer is about 65 mph. I'm confident Honda Powersports accessories are designed and tested to at least that speed.

IMG 1985

Z

Zaldan

Oct 22, 2018
Edmonton alberta
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2018 p31k. Trailered forwards. honda glass ,top,rear and soft uppers. I've noticed they bulge out . So I have put holes in velcro straps at top of door and bungee both doors together. Seems to eliminate door blow out to a minimum

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have not trailered mine and have read on here others do not recommend it. I agree that the pioneer can go 65mph and someone would assume the accessories should be able to handle those wind speeds. However I don't think it would be designed for 65mph while a semi close to you going the opposite way is also going 65mph.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I hauled mine a few weeks ago with the doors on.
When I hit 55 mph and saw them start puffing out, I pulled over and just took them off. It's only 4 Allen head screws and 2 plastic knob screws to remove them.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve trailered mine probably close to 4k miles with the seizmik doors, so while not honda they are a soft door. First 1k no issues, then i saw one of the sides flapping in the wind on one trip. I used to haul with the windows closed, now i just roll them down and secure them with no issue.

I thought the window part of the honda soft door unzipped, if so i’d just unzip them and you’ll be fine.

I usually drive 70mph.

Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
2018 p31k. Trailered forwards. honda glass ,top,rear and soft uppers. I've noticed they bulge out . So I have put holes in velcro straps at top of door and bungee both doors together. Seems to eliminate door blow out to a minimum

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Can you post a pic of this set up? Also what mirrors are those? The ones I installed are nice but the passenger side is pointless now as they mount to roll bar and I can’t see it with the winter doors on.

Last edited:
Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’ve trailered mine probably close to 4k miles with the seizmik doors, so while not honda they are a soft door. First 1k no issues, then i saw one of the sides flapping in the wind on one trip. I used to haul with the windows closed, now i just roll them down and secure them with no issue.

I thought the window part of the honda soft door unzipped, if so i’d just unzip them and you’ll be fine.

I usually drive 70mph.
Yes part does unzip but not all the way. There is a button strap in place but I have no idea how to use it since the doors don’t unzip all the way flat to the base of the frame.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Manufacturers have an implied product liability whether stated or not.

I think if someone looked closely he/she would find that Honda employs a herd of US attorneys, probably occupying an entire floor of Honda HQ in Los Angeles. We would find that Honda attorneys closely follow all state and federal legislation and stay informed of all pending and adjudicated lawsuits in state and federal courts pertaining to product liability and accidents and claims related to powersports activites.

We have ambulance chasing lawyers advertising, offering to sue anyone for any reason, and a large segment of our population are parasites looking for a free ride.

I'm confident that Honda did not authorize Honda Powersports accessories to be sold with their corporate name without careful testing to at least 110% of the capability of their machines.

Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
These little gadgets right here.
View attachment 308303
My doors wouldn’t close with those installed that way so I figured the threaded holes were drilled on the wrong side from the factory so I flipped them 180 degrees and I installed them that way. Maybe I was doing it wrong or I had them installed at the wrong angle?

also what do you have going on attached to the roof on the inside?

Reactions: rtn001 and Lady01
Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I had gen 1 soft doors and the tops were pulled open by highway speeds. I ran a 1”ratchet strap over the roll cage and the doors, problem solved. The gen 2 doors have a clip assembly on the top of the door that seems to keep the top of the door in place much better . If you wanted to play it safe when trailering, try the ratchet strap fix. It secures the top of the soft door panels really well. I ended up installing Honda hard doors, so not an issue for me anymore.

Reactions: rtn001 and Lady01
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I have not observed any billowing of my door uppers or any evidence of change after trailering. So if they're billowig durijng trailering no damage is not occurring.

If all cab components are Honda brand the windshield and cab back are designed to fit tightly against the sculptured design of the roof so the cabs are certainly not air tight but air flow is limited at highway speed.

Next time I trailer my Honda I'll haul it nose forward and watch for billowing. If I notice any I'll open the sliding window in the cab back to allow air to flow through instead of building air presssrre.

X50

X50

Lifetime Member
Oct 13, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I trailer it 150 miles round trip to my dealer @ Mineral Wells, WV each time it needs service @ about 65 mph.
I'm curious why you go past the Charleston dealership to go to Mineral Wells? I haven't been to either, but am about equal distance to both (in Roane County).

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My doors wouldn’t close with those installed that way so I figured the threaded holes were drilled on the wrong side from the factory so I flipped them 180 degrees and I installed them that way. Maybe I was doing it wrong or I had them installed at the wrong angle?

also what do you have going on attached to the roof on the inside?
That is an electric radiator fan. It helps move some air in the cab on hot days. With the glass windshield, not much air on you while riding. I made some quick brackets to tilt the bottom of the windshield out. They helped get air in also. I plan to make others maybe with slots so they can stay on permanent. Don't have a pic of them and they are off for the winter. Here is a pic of the fan and if you zoom in on the other, you can see the windshield bottom tipped out. The fan has an on/off switch on the dash and a rheostat for fan speed.

20210718 192720 20210902 142807

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have not observed any billowing of my door uppers or any evidence of change after trailering. So if they're billowig durijng trailering no damage is not occurring.

If all cab components are Honda brand the windshield and cab back are designed to fit tightly against the sculptured design of the roof so the cabs are certainly not air tight but air flow is limited at highway speed.

Next time I trailer my Honda I'll haul it nose forward and watch for billowing. If I notice any I'll open the sliding window in the cab back to allow air to flow through instead of building air presssrre.
I think that the air on mine is coming in the gap between my soft rear panel and the roof. That is what is causing my positive cab pressure. That is where dust is coming in on the trail. I have some foam to put in there. Once I have some time after hunting season, work and the holidays, I plan to put it in. Not really an issue until trails here in PA get dusty so I'm in no hurry.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'm curious why you go past the Charleston dealership to go to Mineral Wells? I haven't been to either, but am about equal distance to both (in Roane County).
A good question, I guess. I bought the Pioneer from the Mineral Wells dealership because they had several just arrived when no one else had one. I liked the people there. When I bought the Pioneer I learned they had street legal light kits in stock and quickly installed one for me. They have done several custom work jobs for me like adding cab insulation and the mirror brackets inside the door uppers so I like the service manager, service writer, and techs.

I don't know the dealer in Charleston. Do you recommend them? If so, please elaborate.

There is a dealer in Beckley, 10 miles from my home, but he didn't have any inventory when I bought either the Talon or Pioneer and was too busy when I asked him about servicing or installing an Inferno heater in the Pioneer.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!