P1000 tranny problem

T

Tommyboy

Nov 8, 2015
Recently took my pioneer 1000-5 out for its first ride. Made it 4 miles before the tranny locked in 1st gear.

adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
Its not in manual is it?

adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
Theres a section in the manual about what to do if the tranny isnt working correctly, tells you what to do and what to look for on the dash.

blackdog2086

blackdog2086

Jul 31, 2015
Better yet, try calling your dealer and telling them to come and pick it up for repairs. It's either a screw up from the factory or the dealer. Either way, it's up to them to make it right. Nothing that costs that much should be having any problems at 4 miles........or 400 for that matter.

Reactions: AZhunter
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Is there anything displayed on the dash.. Like " -- " or "E"?
Look in the manual, page 223-225.

J

jay dawge

Oct 6, 2015
Dang that's pretty hosed up, first ride and it locks you out.

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Seems like there are alot of quality issues with the new P1k. Might take them a year to work out the kinks...its a pretty complex machine.

Reactions: Beastburner
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This is one of the several reasons I'm waiting 6 months or so to buy one.

Reactions: swsebek
DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seems like there are alot of quality issues with the new P1k. Might take them a year to work out the kinks...its a pretty complex machine.
I feel real lucky my dealer went through the set up correctly. I have 120 miles on my p1k. 45 of it just yesterday and i worked it hard in some really rocky trails trying to get a feel for what modes to use in different situations. I had great success and zero issues. i am so pleased with this machine and all it has to offer. I wish the same success for all you new owners.
1108151056a

D

dallen749

Jan 13, 2016
Mine started acting up at 18 miles. Power steering light was yellow, and shifting was hideous. It would catch for a sec, then like it was in neutral. Rev the motor and it would catch again. Manual and sports mode were totally inoperable. Took it to the dealer, and demanded a new machine...turned out it was a loose ground wire located close to the dipstick. The dealer tightened the nut on the found lug, and it's all good now.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
6 months, 1 month... eh, who's counting...;) I don't think one guy having an unconfirmed "problem" should deter anyone from enjoying the awesomeness these machines provide!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
6 months, 1 month... eh, who's counting...;) I don't think one guy having an unconfirmed "problem" should deter anyone from enjoying the awesomeness these machines provide!

That was the plan until I sold my P700. I couldn't turn down the sale right?

And yes, they are awesome.

Reactions: PioneerPete
T

Tommyboy

Nov 8, 2015
Mine started acting up at 18 miles. Power steering light was yellow, and shifting was hideous. It would catch for a sec, then like it was in neutral. Rev the motor and it would catch again. Manual and sports mode were totally inoperable. Took it to the dealer, and demanded a new machine...turned out it was a loose ground wire located close to the dipstick. The dealer tightened the nut on the found lug, and it's all good now.

Deltamud

Deltamud

Lifetime Member
Dec 3, 2015
Florence, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found that if the neutral indicator switch does not make contact the pioneer will only run in 1st gear in safe mode.
In safe mode the engine tends to lope a idle. I learn this first hand at one week when a rat decided he liked the taste of the wiring.

Reactions: PioneerPete
T

Tommyboy

Nov 8, 2015
Mine was a cut wire that wasn't covered by protective cover. Sent it into default mode and locked in first gear. Dropped it off at the local Honda dealer(even though I didn't buy it there). Honda assigned me a case manager then Honda sent a tech up the next day to find the problem. He ended up ordering a whole new wiring harness. He came back to install it the next week too. Very happy with Hondas quick response.