P1000 Current Problems with your Pioneer 1000?

Current Problems with your Pioneer 1000?

• No issues.

Votes: 146 67.9%
  • Minor issues.

Votes: 38 17.7%
  • Major issues.

Votes: 31 14.4%

• Total voters
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
109 miles on new Honda Pioneer 1000. On second time out while going up a steep hill with no trailer and lightly loaded Low range transmission in auto mode made loud noise like a shotgun going off. Lost total transmission power. Shifted to High range and it brought us back. Was 32 miles back off the road in Alaska. Took unit to Delta Power Sports in Delta Junction.. Alaska I hope they can get it fixed. We only have a short summer. Winter starts September 15.
2021 or older?

A

adigger

Nov 10, 2022
pa
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-3
2023 pioneer 1000 trail
full cab.hard doors.glass windshield,wiper,heater
ride in hill country south west pa
I like how it runs ,handles but its could be way better for the money i have in it.
cab fit is crap , 1/2 gap at bottom of door , a lot of air coming in by door catches .a lot coming in by speedo. cab gets so hot in summer you can t touch metal seat belt. put a layer of double bubble and layer of rubber roofing under seat or in summer you cook. 600 miles on it and just limped home with broken rear axle shaft. I guess i m going to buy extended warranty cause feels like i will need it.

A

adigger

Nov 10, 2022
pa
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-3
I was following a friend on gravel rd between trails , he started to turn off then changed his mind . left me on edge of rd going up hill in curve, i stopped , drifted back a little so rear tires in leaves and loose gravel. did not have rear locked in , hit throttle and spun . put foot on brake , put it in four wheel and hit throttle so i did not go backwards on hill. heard a noise , not real loud. went short distance to another trail and it felt weird, i stopped thinking flat tire and my wife spotted clamp loose on shaft. snapped inner joint. I don t believe it should of broke. 3 pic is gap at bottom of door on driver side , i think pass side worse. 34 grand and this is best honda can do ?

20231231 192648 20231231 192855 20231231 192926

Last edited:
DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
hi - happy new year,

whats the actual issue ? don't see one from your post other than a busted axle after hitting something

what was the reference to $34K, was this for 2 machines?

A

adigger

Nov 10, 2022
pa
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-3
hi - happy new year,

whats the actual issue ? don't see one from your post other than a busted axle after hitting something

what was the reference to $34K, was this for 2 machines?
happy new year to you as well ! no 34 grand is total for machine with factory cab , heat , windshield all complete picked up at dealership. had to wait about 14 months to get it because i wanted trail with fox shocks. I can check papers but pretty sure it was 34.

• Wow
Reactions: ChadD and JenElio
P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
happy new year to you as well ! no 34 grand is total for machine with factory cab , heat , windshield all complete picked up at dealership. had to wait about 14 months to get it because i wanted trail with fox shocks. I can check papers but pretty sure it was 34.
DAMN ........MONEY BAGS ...........

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
can't hide money !!!!!!

before ther rona drama - me and my buddy bought a pair of new 2017 P1000-3 new (base model) for $12K each out the door, he threw the fox shocks on it for $1600 and wired up a used eBay paddle shift and a superatv PS to make a deluxe - my how times have changed

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Money bags?? Nope, not always. Course one could'a been born a "trust fund baby", but I dare say most of those with wealth either worked their butts off and saved, had a good dose of common sense and/or were really smart.

OT, but a few years after starting my company, had an office manager who asked for an extra week off so she could go to Hawaii with a friend. Now I knew she lived hand to mouth, so asked how she was gonna pay for that - - credit card. Duh.

A

adigger

Nov 10, 2022
pa
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-3
DAMN ........MONEY BAGS ...........
No we are not money bags, comfortable ,yes. I sold my son my business 7 years ago , we sold our house last year when my wife retired and we moved out of erie snowbelt. People ride here year around , had a open cab ranger , bunch of clutch problems with it last year. Thought what the heck if i m going to ride in winter i want to be comfortable so we bought full cab. I had both knees replaced and they do not like cold. my friends here were riding and i would not go when it was below 30 because when i got out my knees hurt.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!