transmission delay

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
It may be normal but wanted to see if everyone else's did this. When I put it in drive it just sits there. I have to hit the gas and then it jumps into gear a second or two later. Seems to only do it forward and seems worse when its cold. Dont really notice it happen when its hot. When a car does this it is usually low on fluid but my oil level is perfect.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
I believe the manual suggests that the engine should be warmed up at idle until the engine coolant temperature registers one bar on the display. I believe the hesitation is due to the higher hydraulic oil viscosity at cold temperature.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya, Its normal when cold. The Rincon was the same way. Get in the habit of letting it warm up just a bit before hitting the gas.
If cold I would say like 3-4 mins. If warm 30 seconds. if fairly hot just don't punch it right off the bat.

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
Ok thanks guys. I figured it was. Just wanted to hear others say it lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!