MKULTRA

Account Closed
Account Self Deleted
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2019
IA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey guys, This winter I have been pushing snow & pulling logs with my 700. Nothing that I feel is too much for it or outside of its capabilities, but I have been working it & there has been the occasional jar or jerk. There has also been the accidental "put it in gear or change gears to quick" mistake. I recently upgraded tires & rims. The past week or so I have noticed a definite noise that raises & lowers with travel speed. I think a little of it is coming from the new tires but not all. I'm almost to the point of putting the stock tires & rims back on to see if it changes. I don't think it was this noisy in the past.

My question for ya is how noisy is ur 700 when it comes to tranny noise & has anybody ever had tranny issues or repair work done from wear & tear.

Thanks for any thoughts or info.

Reactions: Mudwing
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t have any noise coming from the transmission on mine but I do have some driveline noise now and then. Make sure your brake isn’t sticking, that can be noisy.

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
The only noise I hear is gear noise. Russ989 brought up a good point with the rear brake, mine will squeak or chirp sometimes. How many miles/hours are on your 700? I’m at 960 miles.

Last edited:
M

MKULTRA

Account Closed
Account Self Deleted
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2019
IA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks guys, Sorry I forgot to mention that It is just over 2000 miles right now. I called the local Honda dealer & spoke with the service dept. I told him the work load it sees & he didn't think it was a big deal. He also couldn't see the transmission being the source. Suggested checking both front & rear driveshafts & joints (as they have seen them cause vibrations/noise), the wheel bearings & changing both differential fluids. I checked it over & the brakes are not hanging & there is no rubbing that I can see, but I will give it a good looking at this weekend also.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not really any noise at all it's exceptionally quiet. I want say how many miles it has I would catch some crap , I've had it 9 months.

Reactions: Russ989 and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!