Transmission issue

S

Snide974

Sep 8, 2021
Cadet mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2021 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe so the problem I’m having I went out riding in September and ever since it’s been running sluggish. When I get it up to around 17-20 mph it seems to cut out real bad but when u press on pedal it will get up and move like it should but seems to take forever t get it up to speed sometimes. I cannot figure it out thought I had water in the gas I have ran treatment through it about 4 tanks of gas since then

Reactions: rtn001
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's not much information to go on...

What led you to believe there was water in the gas? Did you sink it?

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

☝️☝️☝️THIS☝️☝️☝️
Its your first post and……
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

Reactions: Backwoods
S

Snide974

Sep 8, 2021
Cadet mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's not much information to go on...

No I never sank it just thought maybe I got some bad gas kinda what it acts like. It’s kinda hard to describe if you rev it up it doesn’t seem to hesitate but if u start driving it’s jerks little bit does it the worse at 20mph

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
You drove it once in September and now you drove it again in December? I wonder when you filled the gas tank?

The logical guess is the gasoline is old and has gummed up fuel tank, fuel lines, fuel filter, and fuel injectors.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No I never sank it just thought maybe I got some bad gas kinda what it acts like. It’s kinda hard to describe if you rev it up it doesn’t seem to hesitate but if u start driving it’s jerks little bit does it the worse at 20mph
Pull the gas out, start with fresh and check your injector wires, common issue.

and some pics ;)

Reactions: Snide974
S

Snide974

Sep 8, 2021
Cadet mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You drove it once in September and now you drove it again in December? I wonder when you filled the gas tank?

The logical guess is the gasoline is old and has gummed up fuel tank, fuel lines, fuel filter, and fuel injectors.
I took it out on a weekend ride in September came home and washed it and parked it in my garage for a week. While I was out of town for work that’s the longest it has sat I use it almost everyday has around 3000 miles on it I have ran 3 tanks of gas since September I just put fresh gas in it a week ago

Reactions: CID and Remington

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!