BOX1

Talon Transmission noise

Mikehallad

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2019
Highland, Utah
Ownership

Talon X
134 miles on mine and horrible transmission whine at 4500 rpm over 35 mph. Just checked sub trans oil and no show on the dipstick.
Taking it in to the dealer tomorrow for first maintenance. I will have check, fill, and document the issue and post their response here.

Reactions: TripleB
box4

JimB1055

Nov 20, 2018
Tennessee
Ownership

1000-3
134 miles on mine and horrible transmission whine at 4500 rpm over 35 mph. Just checked sub trans oil and no show on the dipstick.
Taking it in to the dealer tomorrow for first maintenance. I will have check, fill, and document the issue and post their response here.
My 2017 1000-3 LE was noisy too, but after about 150 miles it has gotten much quieter. 20-25 mph with no windshield, no problem carrying on a conversation.

Mikehallad

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2019
Highland, Utah
Ownership

Talon X
Update! Got my machine back today. Sub transmission was indeed 8.0 oz low! They drove it, heard it, documented it. They then told me as a dealer they check them now and have seen enough of them from the factory to have to back charge Honda for the quarts of oil they are going through at setup!
Quiet now though.

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!