BOX1

P500 Transmission problems after 4 hours

M

mrscanham

Jan 23, 2021
Portland oregon
Ownership

1. 500
So I bought my Honda pioneer 520 today and after a 4 hour ride the transmission sticks on 5th or 4th gear. 1st time it was in manual and went to 5th by itself then shut itself off. Hubby had to manually shift it down with the wrench provided under the seat. Got it back up and running. Less then 1000 yards and it's in automatic and it switches itself to manual and flashes 4th gear and won't go above 15mph. We put it back to truck and it shuts off (thankfully at the truck) and we had to push it up the ramps and into the bed. So now it's back at the dealership getting worked on.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
That stinks, but before taking back to the dealer you might consider ensuring the battery is "fully" charged. Despite being new, who knows how old or charged the battery is and these units are sensitive to battery level of charge...

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Hey @Ponch looks like you might be having a problem with your P5, sorry to hear that. If you haven't been able to find an answer with a thorough search try making a post giving as much info as you can to describe the situation. Hopefully someone will have an answer, or at least be able to point you in the right direction.

p.s. welcome to the club from East Tennessee.

Reactions: futzin and Kinlaw
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
My guess is it was a simple fix. The P5 isn't that complicated of a machine. Everyone's quick to call out a problem and ask for answers but not so much coming back and letting us know what it was. And better than 90% of them are operator error.

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
My guess is it was a simple fix. The P5 isn't that complicated of a machine. Everyone's quick to call out a problem and ask for answers but not so much coming back and letting us know what it was. And better than 90% of them are operator error.
It does take some time to become proficient with them.

Reactions: trigger
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!