P1000 Transmission problems

D

Dirtyis4me

Feb 28, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So my pioneer 1000-5 deluxe had water in the sub transmission. My problem is that now it won’t go into gear. All gears just show “-“ on the display and display doesn’t show AT/MT mode on display either. The “-“ isn’t flashing. The shifter is changing in the transmission I can here it. But it’s like something is not allowing the clutch to engage. Sensor maybe??? When I put in gear under bed manually it goes to 1st. It’s like it’s in limp mode. Help please

Sawpilot

Sawpilot

Sep 6, 2018
West Virginia
barnwoodbuilds.com
Ownership

1. Talon R
ITS FIXED....... Water got into my sub transmission because the dipstick was cross threaded water got into that gear selector switch and ruined it. 89.00

7DC7380E 9D1F 4231 9975 633F0D74022A C6C8C171 83D1 4751 B78E 1F26544F8498

D

Dirtyis4me

Feb 28, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Damn. Mines goin to the shop today. But yea my dip stick was cross threaded also.

Reactions: Lady01
Sawpilot

Sawpilot

Sep 6, 2018
West Virginia
barnwoodbuilds.com
Ownership

1. Talon R
That gear selector switch in the above pictures is a mechanical rotating switch water got in it and we think it froze and when you put it in gear it sheared off and then the computer gets all confused

Reactions: Lady01 and CID
Sawpilot

Sawpilot

Sep 6, 2018
West Virginia
barnwoodbuilds.com
Ownership

1. Talon R
What was the fix from the shop. I got water in mine over the weekend and seems to be doing the same thing.
In the above pictures that gear selector switch for $89 went bad because of the water and it wouldn’t tell the computer that it was in drive or reverse or neutral or low or pork it just gave me a dash

M

Martin89

Oct 25, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In the above pictures that gear selector switch for $89 went bad because of the water and it wouldn’t tell the computer that it was in drive or reverse or neutral or low or pork it just gave me a dash
I gunna pick one up. Hopefully it works with mine. Mine will go into gear and start to drive then just falls out of gear and goes to neutral. It sometimes will go from 1st to 2nd but in-between shifts it will rev up and then catch 2 gear then fall out and go to neutral. Idk kinda wild

advertisement
M

Martin89

Oct 25, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yours could be a simple cable adjustment
Yea im not sure then. The bike has never had any issues ever. No shifting problems are transmission problems ever. Friday while riding I hit a hole that was a little to deep and my pioneer died in the hole. I didnt get pulled out for a good 15 min. Water was over seat. All vents are extend except the subtrans. Got out the hole wouldn't start. Towed back to camp. Found the water in the subtrans. Flushed it several times. Then crank it up everything is fine until I put it in gear. Starts to go then sometimes don't go at all. It did go into limp mode and throw a code. 52 was the code. I'm confused on the whole situation

Sawpilot

Sawpilot

Sep 6, 2018
West Virginia
barnwoodbuilds.com
Ownership

1. Talon R
I just read this as a possible answer to your problem
it’s the plug under your sub transmission dipstick there’s a metal shield covering it hard to see

I appreciate the help everyone. Found the problem. I think it is the wire going to the neutral switch It was disconnected. It’s hidden under a bracket and it’s hard to see looking down. It’s not a plug but a cap connection. Like a spark plug wire with rubber boot. My problem is making it stay on. I’ve fixed it several times and it just keeps popping off usually after a rocky trail. Anybody else have this problem. Hints on a quick fix. I think I will have to remove the skid plastic to really be able to get at it for a real fix.

Reactions: TripleB and Lady01
Sawpilot

Sawpilot

Sep 6, 2018
West Virginia
barnwoodbuilds.com
Ownership

1. Talon R

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!