Transporting Your New Honda Pioneer

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I also have a "Big-Tex" trailer, the MC 35! I have used it to haul two bikes for many miles and has preformed well. I hauled the 700-4 on it a few times but will relocate the straps due to this post, thanks!

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I also have a "Big-Tex" trailer, the MC 35! I have used it to haul two bikes for many miles and has preformed well. I hauled the 700-4 on it a few times but will relocate the straps due to this post, thanks!

I just bought a P1000-3eps. It does not have a parking brake under the steering column! What are you talking about? A different model I'm guessing?

Reactions: Honda1000-5
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just bought a P1000-3eps. It does not have a parking brake under the steering column! What are you talking about? A different model I'm guessing?
The parking brake is added on. The P1K doesn't come with a parking brake. The 700 on the other hand, does come with one from the factory.

Rinconruss

Rinconruss

Jan 10, 2018
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
This is the only thing I've found that works around here. We trailer on some rediculously rough roads. No matter where you strap, it has to be below the suspension. If you strap to anything above the suspension, it will come loose because of the bouncing. This has worked well for me.

View attachment 53562

I use the same strap system. Love them! I put mine on the front tires and put the e-track under the back tires. This gives me most if the trailer bed open for carrying other stuff.

IMG 20171203 130232823 HDR

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use the same strap system. Love them! I put mine on the front tires and put the e-track under the back tires. This gives me most if the trailer bed open for carrying other stuff.

View attachment 61725

These don’t work with 30” tires. Have to go buy longer straps now. I like the system though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
These don’t work with 30” tires. Have to go buy longer straps now. I like the system though.

I was going to ask about that. Can you run e tracks front and rear?

Never mind, I just looked it up. 16 feet of e track would work for me, I like the cradle straps for the tires. Would be a pain if you hauled dirt.

Reactions: JTW
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I use a 3 inch wide tie down strap through the front floor area. It's the only way I'm guaranteed to tighten down and put pressure on the frame. The excess strap gets tied to the driver's side A frame to the trailer front railing. Have been from Las Vegas to Reno and all around the back roads, never a problem. I haul my Ford tractor the same way.

Reactions: Smitty335
J

JTW

I use a 3 inch wide tie down strap through the front floor area. It's the only way I'm guaranteed to tighten down and put pressure on the frame. The excess strap gets tied to the driver's side A frame to the trailer front railing. Have been from Las Vegas to Reno and all around the back roads, never a problem. I haul my Ford tractor the same way.
So what keeps the machine from moving front to back?

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So what keeps the machine from moving front to back?

Using left-over strap tying the front a-frame to the front pipe on my trailer. Keeps utv tight against trailer, stops all front or back movement. Simple, and it works.

Budman

Budman

Feb 12, 2018
Maple Ridge
Ownership

1. 700-4
This is the only thing I've found that works around here. We trailer on some rediculously rough roads. No matter where you strap, it has to be below the suspension. If you strap to anything above the suspension, it will come loose because of the bouncing. This has worked well for me.

View attachment 53562
I've heard this is the best way to tie down anything with 4 wheels and suspension, lets your machine move with the bumps just as your truck would (correct me if I'm wrong). I use a landscape trailer to move mine around it's got the rear fold up cage ramp and 2 or 3 ft sides? I've been looking to get that set up. I'll snap a picture this weekend

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
I’m gonna use my Louisiana Trailer Dog. It’s mounting plate is bolted to the floor of my trailer. I’ve used it for years on my atvs. May take a few adjustments to get the weight distribution right. With this & the winch rope holding the front down, it can’t go anywhere. Btw, I’m a 54 year old Paraplegic. I use the winch to pull it onto my tilt trailer, while I’m using the tethered remote safely to the side.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’ve yet to get tie downs in our camper van. Been getting by believe it or not even in the messed up dirt roads here for 6 months until this weekend. My wife was in front and started to pull out onto main road and hit the brakes for a car coming way down,trying to leave enough room for me behind her. I saw her go, looked left and was going hard to pull in front of said car then I looked and she was dead stop. Damn brake check,I mashed the brakes and thunk in back.
Obviously no damage to Clutch but the camper has a hole in the bathroom door. No harm to anything else and not too big a deal but finally time for tie downs!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’m gonna use my Louisiana Trailer Dog. It’s mounting plate is bolted to the floor of my trailer. I’ve used it for years on my atvs. May take a few adjustments to get the weight distribution right. With this & the winch rope holding the front down, it can’t go anywhere. Btw, I’m a 54 year old Paraplegic. I use the winch to pull it onto my tilt trailer, while I’m using the tethered remote safely to the side.
Shoot, I just noticed you joined the club, So, WELCOME! I have a friend that I used to bow hunt with, he was hell to keep up on hoof, then we all seemed to build our homes at the same time, kinda lost touch with him with all the time invested in building a home. I ran into his sister a few weeks ago, reminded I had't talked to Jim in awhile, so I texted him and asked if he had been doing some hunting, he sent me a picture of him with a 180 class Buck and he's in a wheel chair, what the heck? So I called him, come to find out he had a tumor grow next to his spinal cord and goofed up his legs. Jim's a very unique individual as I'm sure you are, didn't slow Jim down a bit, bought a camper for the lake and a pontoon boat to go fishing out of and still bow hunts, with a Cross Bow now. He was telling me about his lift for his 4 WD truck that swings out from under his truck and raises him to seat height. He still has his same job, works from home. I asked him how his mental state was and he said sometimes he lets his bottom lip get out there, but snaps out of it, cause it get's the the way of having fun. That's Jim! You live in a neighboring State, we need to get together and ride!

Reactions: hondabob64
J

JTW

But in seriousness.. I have one of those I bought for my atv but it slips into the hitch of your truck and attaches to the ball of the atv.

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Here’s my Trailer Dog on my 4x8 tilt trailer. I use my winch rope to a loop welded on the tongue. Lockable & super secure for holding my Pioneer rock solid.

54E356EB BF39 41C3 9161 1113C679C095

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!