ADC48618 A9D7 4695 9D45 47D53929AFED

Reactions: Mudwing
ASmith2143

ASmith2143

Aug 29, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
One other thing is that i saw no one add... Make sure the hood is secured properly! Seems it would blow off pretty easily if it wasnt snapped down correctly. If you ever take it off any at the house make sure and check before transporting!

Reactions: Tramguage1
R

Reloder28

Oct 21, 2018
Deer Park, Tx
Ownership

1. 700-2
I drop a chain over the trailer ball in back & a nylon strap in the front. A boat winch tensions the strap & it also has a safety chain.

Takes me barely 5 minutes to be safe & road ready.

HawkDriver

HawkDriver

Mar 31, 2017
Sierra Vista, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed this setup on my trailer at all 4 wheels, lets the suspension move on rough roads & is super quick to load strap & go. I should have done it a long time ago.....View attachment 148161View attachment 148162View attachment 148163View attachment 148164

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I put that Erickson system on my trailer about a year ago. Had too many straps work loose on long trips due to the suspension bouncing. The Pioneer can bounce all it wants and the straps never work loose. Also, alot easier to hook up/detach when the time comes. I cant see using anything else now.

Reactions: hurld
R

Reloder28

Oct 21, 2018
Deer Park, Tx
Ownership

1. 700-2
Most secure way of transporting your side by side. Rock solid & lockable on your trailer. My hunting partner Danny Weaver invented & patented the LA Guard Dog & Trailer Dog. If you’re interested, go to www.laguarddog.com

View attachment 134415

I have an original LaGuard Dog. Bought it in 2003. I have used it while hauling my ATV in the truck bed & my cargo trailer in tow. Danny & I collaborated on upgrading it for camper towing. It has seen miles & miles of Texas. Looks like I won't be needing it anymore. I will be sad once I decide who to give it to.

Last edited:
Reactions: hondabob64
JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have an original LaGuard Dog. I have used it while hauling my ATV in the truck bed & my cargo trailer in tow. Danny & I collaborated on upgrading it for camper towing. It has seen miles & miles of Texas. Looks like I won't be needing it anymore. I will be sad once I decide who to give it to.
I could make use of that!

Last edited:
Reactions: hondabob64
J

JTW

I put that Erickson system on my trailer about a year ago. Had too many straps work loose on long trips due to the suspension bouncing. The Pioneer can bounce all it wants and the straps never work loose. Also, alot easier to hook up/detach when the time comes. I cant see using anything else now.
Simple solution for the straps..
47D33057 E669 4421 AE63 C6ED4F927757

Reactions: Backwoods
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
for anyone adding portals
DO NOT tie the bike down on the suspension anywhere. make sure your tied into the rims or tires. the down pull on the suspension will bend the portal mounts. Fa30237735b86f1e7d4e483a1810591d

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
when you strap it down on the suspension your preloading it then bumpity bump down the highway. probably would bend it riding but youd more than likely have to be ramping it on portals to get the same pressure. its only the front. i started tying mine down on the back alone forward and backwards.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I do all the steps above, but I also to make sure the tie downs are taunt after I drive for a little while, say 10 miles. Admittedly I don't have the hooks on the tie downs that lock, but it's a good idea. I check the tie downs about every hour of travel if I can pull over easily. The one thing that puzzles me is the "parking brake" step. Does a Honda P1000 have a parking brake? If so it's news to me. (If my machine and manual wasn't buried under some snow, I'd go check it.) Where is the parking brake located? Thanks for any response.

J

JTW

I do all the steps above, but I also to make sure the tie downs are taunt after I drive for a little while, say 10 miles. Admittedly I don't have the hooks on the tie downs that lock, but it's a good idea. I check the tie downs about every hour of travel if I can pull over easily. The one thing that puzzles me is the "parking brake" step. Does a Honda P1000 have a parking brake? If so it's news to me. (If my machine wasn't buried under some snow, I go check it.) Where is it located? Thanks for any response.
It’s located right under the steering column on the brake peddle here..

https://www.hillbillybrake.com/

Reactions: CumminsPusher
tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It’s located right under the steering column on the brake peddle here..

https://www.hillbillybrake.com/
Your product (brake locking device) looks excellent, but just to be clear to others it's a add-on that's easy to install. Honda evidently does not provide a parking brake with the new P1000 machine. I may install the device since it seems like a handy safety feature, and it appears a snap to install.

Thanks for the info and video.

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!