P1000 Travel Cover

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dreams of an enclosed trailer came crashing down for this year. I have a lot of miles to put on for the up coming fishing season. Machine will ride in the breeze on a deck over. It has soft cab. A blanket over the windshield then the stock honda travel cover going to do it? Machine will be on tracks.

Reactions: BWAF
Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dreams of an enclosed trailer came crashing down for this year. I have a lot of miles to put on for the up coming fishing season. Machine will ride in the breeze on a deck over. It has soft cab. A blanket over the windshield then the stock honda travel cover going to do it? Machine will be on tracks.
I picked up the travel cover and have used it as an outside storage cover for the last two summers and falls. I have not used it as a travel cover yet. I don’t trailer the machine as much as I thought I would.
The cover is one of the few original Honda accessories that was very well designed. It fits very snug with a full roof and windshield installed. Ties tightly around the front and rear wheels and has a 3 point center tie down area with straps. I have not used the center tie downs.
I had the same thought as you, a blanket or cushion of some sort over the windshield. My only worry would be all the spray that is going to freeze on the cover while towing may make removing the cover a total PITA.

Reactions: OleRed
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought Honda's trailerable cover. P1000-3EPS. Balooned on top then ripped to shreds even after I stopped and tightened it down. Happened at 60 mph.Have top, front glass and soft doors. They are junk too. Will not stay shut on top.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought Honda's trailerable cover. P1000-3EPS. Balooned on top then ripped to shreds even after I stopped and tightened it down. Happened at 60 mph.Have top, front glass and soft doors. They are junk too. Will not stay shut on top.
I roll the windows down or use a strap across them to keep them shut if I want to keep rain and road spray out.

I’ve ripped both Velcro catches off the top.

I have been wanting to pull the trigger on the trailerable cover for rainy day rides to get to the trails and just roll the windows down or strap them in on the way back but decided $6 in straps from home depot was a better solution.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Another option is to rent an enclosed trailer when needed; locally for myself, I have opportunities to rent them and at a reasonable price, so it may be worth looking around at some local dealers....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!