Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Great work! Do you have any pics of the old mounts being removed and the new mounts attached to the frame? I'm especially interested in the upper mounts.

I do. I’ll search for those pictures now

Reactions: Smitty335 and BWAF
D

dswv42

Jul 8, 2020
Charleston, WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Excellent! That's what I was hoping to see. Having the radiator removed affords a clear view of everything, which provides the context I've been lacking thus far. What do you think about modifying the factory upper control arm mounts to add a second set of tabs and gussets, then cutting the control arm bushing tubes so two bolts can be used with each?

My goal is to establish long-term strength and reliability for 90% utility and 10% light to moderate trail riding use. it feels strange saying that about a Honda machine, but it is what it is.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Excellent! That's what I was hoping to see. Having the radiator removed affords a clear view of everything, which provides the context I've been lacking thus far. What do you think about modifying the factory upper control arm mounts to add a second set of tabs and gussets, then cutting the control arm bushing tubes so two bolts can be used with each?

My goal is to establish long-term strength and reliability for 90% utility and 10% light to moderate trail riding use. it feels strange saying that about a Honda machine, but it is what it is.

I think that’s a good idea and we have a second vehicle here and it’s a three seat model but long-term goal is to do the same thing with that one just for reliability.

Reactions: BWAF and Adam490