Trouble wiring winch

E

ezhoops

Nov 18, 2014
Superwinch 45
Ive wired everything according to directions except connect the red wires to the ignition wire because i'm not sure which one it is and what is the best way to wire it.

I am looking for help
Pictures videos etc

Eric

I need to get this going the snow is coming

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
You are just talking about the Key On power correct? Smalll red wire?
Easiest way is just to the 12v acc wire. But there is a topic with picture on "Honda's" recommended wire.
Give me a sec.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I thought there was a topic anyways. Can't find it from my phone.
Honda says use the accy. Wire Harness. But looks like most people use the WHITE wire on the 12v socket for KEY ON power.

E

ezhoops

Nov 18, 2014
Ok the white wire. Now to my next question. That white wire is connected to a plug. What is the best way to tie into that? Newbie here, sorry

E

ezhoops

Nov 18, 2014
Also, the winch isn't working at all, is it because I need to wire it to the white wire first? I thought as long as it's wired to the battery it should work?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Most people just use a splice clip. It will work for most. But I have always liked to solder them together and shrink them for a better connection.
This wire powers the contact. It will not function without unless you would like to wire it to "always on". But that's not safe.
Test it by supplying it with 12v power. Everything should work if that's your last step.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
ezhoops said:
Newbie here

Hey, that's why we are here, we all were not long ago with our Pioneers. But together we figured it out. If you need more details just let me know.
If you still have problems or the winch runs backwards let me know and try to help out.

Thanks.

W

wkguns

Nov 27, 2013
I wired mine direct to the batt. then thru a on off heavy duty switch on the dash. works great.

pilsbury38

pilsbury38

Oct 12, 2014
Hondasxs said:
ezhoops said:
Newbie here

Hey, that's why we are here, we all were not long ago with our Pioneers. But together we figured it out. If you need more details just let me know.
If you still have problems or the winch runs backwards let me know and try to help out.

Thanks.
Just curious, why would it run backwards?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Lol.
Because wires are reversed on the winch or switch. Usually its the wires going from the contact to the winch and not the switch as most have male and female connectors.
Easy fix. Flip the wires on the winch.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!