Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
How do you like the ride with the new set up?

AllenAdventure

AllenAdventure

May 23, 2016
Charlotte NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How do you like the ride with the new set up?
It's night and day from the stock set up . Haven't been able to get it in true off road conditions yet. This weekend I plan on testing it out in a variety of conditions. Shocks have 16 settings and I'm in the middle range right now. The mud lites seem smoother too and I think the sidewalls on the taller tires is helping as well. If I had more time I would have started out with just the shocks to give a fair comparison with the stock tires but I wouldn't have had everything ready for the weekend.

Reactions: pct and Eltobgi

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's night and day from the stock set up . Haven't been able to get it in true off road conditions yet. This weekend I plan on testing it out in a variety of conditions. Shocks have 16 settings and I'm in the middle range right now. The mud lites seem smoother too and I think the sidewalls on the taller tires is helping as well. If I had more time I would have started out with just the shocks to give a fair comparison with the stock tires but I wouldn't have had everything ready for the weekend.
Is there any built in lift without having to set the preload higher as there is on the FOX shocks people run on the 700's? Would be nice to get an inch or so with the WE without having to do a lift kit while also not having to jack up the preload to achieve it.

AllenAdventure

AllenAdventure

May 23, 2016
Charlotte NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need to post a correction. The lift was not installed as there was enough clearance for the tires after the A Arm was installed. Because I haven't upgraded wheels yet, they had to install bump stops to keep the tires from hitting at full lock. I'll get some measurements on the tires to determine their true height. New rims in a 5+2 configuration will hopefully eliminate the need for the stops. My goal from the beginning was to maximize the potential of the new shocks and not increase the center of gravity any more than I had to.

Reactions: pct and joeymt33
AllenAdventure

AllenAdventure

May 23, 2016
Charlotte NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need to post a correction. The lift was not installed as there was enough clearance for the tires after the A Arm was installed. Because I haven't upgraded wheels yet, they had to install bump stops to keep the tires from hitting at full lock. I'll get some measurements on the tires to determine their true height. New rims in a 5+2 configuration will hopefully eliminate the need for the stops. My goal from the beginning was to maximize the potential of the new shocks and not increase the center of gravity any more than I had to.
Measured my tires tonight and they are true 30".

AllenAdventure

AllenAdventure

May 23, 2016
Charlotte NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Adventure with whole family today. The new setup with the WE shocks and the 30" Mud Lites is perfect for the trail and mud we get here in the Carolinas. Ride is drastically improved and I didn't feel any loss of power or experience any clutch issues in the steep stuff. I'll do a more detailed post in the bold section later. I think the light weight for a big 6 ply tire is the reason the machine performed so well even with the taller tires. I'll post some close ups of the front wheel clearance after I get it cleaned up. It looks like with an aftermarket wheel with a better offset you could actually get a little bigger tire on with just the a arm. if I dealt with a lot of rocks I know the tires would not have the durability of the 8 ply tires but for now this set up is perfect for where we're adventuring.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice keep us up to date on this
Paul

Wrench04

Wrench04

Feb 16, 2019
British Columbia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any updates to this thread?
How did the setup perform? Im looking at going a similar route. (forward A Arms with no lift)
Want to clear 30" tires with no rubbing.
Did you end up changing the offset of the rims? If so what did you go with.

J

Justin05

Nov 14, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any updates to this thread?
How did the setup perform? Im looking at going a similar route. (forward A Arms with no lift)
Want to clear 30" tires with no rubbing.
Did you end up changing the offset of the rims? If so what did you go with.

30” AMS Mud Evel’s no lift just HL Arched forward arms. No rubbing at all.

44BAFF52 57C9 4F2D 93AA CC3B5C9D30B3 79655C3D 0AAE 48B1 A8FE 2ECA0C4C111C

Reactions: Wrench04

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!