True Battery Isolator Kit

B

BrotherNov

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2019
Springfield, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With the help of the awesome members of this forum I just completed my second battery installation, and everything seems to be working fantastically. Qurious about the "Blue light" on the isolator though. What does it even mean? The instructions simply say "It's normal for the LED to remain lit when the engine is first turned off. To test, turn the headlights on briefly and the LED should go out". Test what? What does the blue light even mean? I've done a few short test rides to make sure my mods didn't mess anything up, and the blue light remains on for at least 45 minutes (the longest I've waited before turning the lights on to make it go off). Within 10 seconds of turning on the lights the blue light turns off. My buggy is on a battery tender every second it's not in use. Just want to verify everything cool with my wiring and get some info on what the heck this blue light even means.

Last edited:
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
With the help of the awesome members of this forum I just completed my second battery installation, and everything seems to be working fantastically. Qurious about the "Blue light" on the isolator though. What does it even mean? The instructions simply say "It's normal for the LED to remain lit when the engine is first turned off. To test, turn the headlights on briefly and the LED should go out". Test what? What does the blue light even mean? I've done a few short test rides to make sure my mods didn't mess anything up, and the blue light remains on for at least 45 minutes (the longest I've waited before turning the lights on to make it go off). Within 10 seconds of turning on the lights the blue light turns off. My buggy is on a battery tender every second it's not in use. Just want to verify everything cool with my wiring and get some info on what the heck this blue light even means.
Its working like it should. It just means your main battery is at the voltage that opens the isolator to allow the charge to go to your 2nd battery. So when u turn on your lights it only takes seconds for it to drop the main battery below the voltage setting with the machine not running. I cant remember what it is but I think its like 12.7v.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!