True battery isolator

Jay_dead

Jay_dead

May 10, 2021
Tulelake, Ca.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does anyone know if a stinger takes the place of the volt meter relay when installing a dual battery or is it a redundant step that can be left out?

Reactions: TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
It can, BUT ONLY if you are controlling your stinger by key-on.
- VM1 will be to the small key-on post of the stinger.
- VM2 will be anywhere AFTER the stinger switch.
- The ground will just be commonly grounded.

But if you decide to switch the stinger and trigger it via key-off.... then you may have to install a diode as many voltmeters have been known to be the source of a light positive backfeed. Also if switched, it will only read 1 battery in key-off.

Reactions: Mudwing
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does anyone know if a stinger takes the place of the volt meter relay when installing a dual battery or is it a redundant step that can be left out?
I just hooked the relay up through my 2 fuse box. I use a master on off on and it lights the meter whenever the fuse box is hot.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The purpose of the relay that comes with the True Isolator is to provide a "switched ground", so the voltmeter won't be on all the time on those installations not switching the AUX battery. If the AUX battery is switched (by key switch or my manual switch) there would be no need to switch ground on the voltmeter to turn it off when not in use.

Some may want their voltmeter on all the time. That way they can just glance at it to check voltage. The voltmeter doesn't draw a lot of current, less than 10 or 12 mills IIRC. However, it would tend to drain the battery on a machine that was operated infrequently.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!