True duel battery

Klracin1

Klracin1

Nov 8, 2021
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Will installing a duel battery set up void the factory warranty? I’ve got 90 miles on my 21 1000-5 and it ran hot with me this past weekend. I don’t think the fan is coming on. Thanks for Info

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Will installing a duel battery set up void the factory warranty? I’ve got 90 miles on my 21 1000-5 and it ran hot with me this past weekend. I don’t think the fan is coming on. Thanks for Info
Nope, no issue with that as long as you install properly.

On the no fan: Search the forums. Apparently, there was a rash of "they didn't plug it in at the factory correctly and/or bent pin" causing this issue for some.

Klracin1

Klracin1

Nov 8, 2021
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
No it will not void the warranty.

We see no pics yet!
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
No pics. I was worrying more about how I was gonna get it out of the woods. I put 3 20oz bottles of water in the radiator after it quit boiling. The overflow bottle was full. I’ve heard that if the radiator is low that it will not pull the fluid back out of the bottle. Took it to the shop yesterday and they hooked the computer to it and couldn’t see anything that said it ran hot. They have ordered a new fan

Klracin1

Klracin1

Nov 8, 2021
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
B69FB189 85DA 4C68 90FC 601455FD4EF0

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No pics. I was worrying more about how I was gonna get it out of the woods. I put 3 20oz bottles of water in the radiator after it quit boiling. The overflow bottle was full. I’ve heard that if the radiator is low that it will not pull the fluid back out of the bottle. Took it to the shop yesterday and they hooked the computer to it and couldn’t see anything that said it ran hot. They have ordered a new fan
Did they check the plug before ordering the fan?

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm willing to bet the fan is fine. It's going to take these guys longer to get it right than you would by DIY and reading here.

Look up the info on here and pass it on to them, so you can get your ride back asap.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Do you ever recall the fan coming on?
Yours is a 2021 model.
With these the common issue related to the fan is a bent pin or a unseated connector.
Check the connector at the bottom of the radiator on the passenger side.
Check the connector under the drivers seat. It will be a 2" by 3" black box. With a 2 pin connector and a 4 pin connector.

Report back.
Next step is to test the actual fan to rule it out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!